• How often do you carry

• Total voters

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Pretty much any time I am wearing pants and sometimes when I am not wearing pants.

Unless there are wands or walk throughs, I’m carrying. Sometimes with wands, I’m still carrying.

Only times I don't carry is Post Office, Courthouses and inside School buildings. When traveling out of state I review carry rules and evaluate when I can, can't and shouldn't carry.

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    Daily...no event made me do this. Well, maybe me understanding and embracing reality.

I work in a NPE so i dont carry there but armed plain clothed security is around. Ive trained with one of the guys and he is the real deal. I do however have tools to go hand to hand, if need be.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Was there was a turning point where you changed you carry habits? What caused that change?

A few years ago we had a suicidal homeless person come into our office lobby. The receptionist called me to handle and I told her to call the police as I went up to manage the person until the police arrived. Situation was just a sad, non-violent person that the police dealt with very professionally with empathy. I was carrying that day and it reinforced that bad things can happen anywhere, anytime and took me from 80% carry to 99% carry.

Had a reminder again this summer. Headed to a neighbors house a block away on a Sunday morning to drop off some gardening supplies. I was in my pajamas and thought, Hey, it's a quick trip no need to put on pants. While parked in their driveway a police car stopped at the intersection and retrieved a long gun from his trunk. Then there were a dozen police cars with the SWAT team searching the neighborhood wearing their full tactical gear. Really glad I was carrying that morning as I scurried home. The couple I was visiting would have been more shocked if they knew I was carrying than if I had shown up in my pajamas.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana

You CAN carry at work, I bet. I bet there's still not a company handbook.

I carried to work a few times. Until I left the P11 on the magazine rack in the bathroom and forgot it. That was absolutely not a good day for me at all. Not. At. All.

And church not withstanding - but I recently met a new-to-this-church Lutheran pastor on the far south edge of Ft. Wayne. Dude is a HUGE gun guy. Former South African Military Police. Had at least one tour in Iraq. He did my wife's aunt's funeral stuff a few weeks ago. Thought I was in a Catholic Mass!

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    You CAN carry at work, I bet. I bet there's still not a company handbook.

I carried to work a few times. Until I left the P11 on the magazine rack in the bathroom and forgot it. That was absolutely not a good day for me at all. Not. At. All.

And church not withstanding - but I recently met a new-to-this-church Lutheran pastor on the far south edge of Ft. Wayne. Dude is a HUGE gun guy. Former South African Military Police. Had at least one tour in Iraq. He did my wife's aunt's funeral stuff a few weeks ago. Thought I was in a Catholic Mass!

True. Technically, I can...probably. *Some* people know I have it in my bag. I choose not to have it on me.

Funny story (could have been scary story):
    I got a new to me company truck, the guy that had it before me quit, so I got it. I drove it for weeks/months and then one of the other guys asked, "hey, you have so-and-so's old truck, right?"
    "yeah..."
    "can I look around inside it real quick??"
    "um...ok..."
    "he called me the other day and thinks he left a spare magazine under the seat in there"
    ":faint:"
    "yep, there is it..."

Good thing I didn't drive on to a USACE job and get thoroughly searched. A loaded mag under the seat would not have gone over well. If I knew it was there or not.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I answered honestly - most of the time (whenever legal). The actual number is probably close to 90% of my waking hours, but that's not "always."

This is pretty much my answer, too-most of the time, but not "always." As a retired LEO I might be able to push the boundaries a little bit, but only while using cautious discretion.

Most of the people at work know that I carry and carry consistently, and, for the most part, they welcome it. (We have a varied and often angry constituency.)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    I carry at work when i can.I carry at home, I carry around the town.

But im a student on many days. Some days i go from school straight to work. I feel anger when i think about school shootings. And how ill be expelled if im caught with my gun there.. but i need the degree so the gun stays home :rolleyes:

Im also still trying to figure out an incognito way to carry a gun while im working my window cleaning job, lots of reaching and bending over.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I voted "always no matter what" because it fits me better than "always when legal."
    If I'm in a state that signs carry weight of law, the post office or some other place that it's "prohibited" but there isn't a metal detector etc. I carry. At my old job which was a no guns at work employer, I carried anyway.
    However, If I'm going to the court house or to get on a plane and I know I'll be found out or at the very least see a wand common sense has to dictate. In at least one of those situations you would suffer legal action for it and it starts to get silly to say "always no matter what." But I assume most have drawn that conclusion.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013

But im a student on many days. Some days i go from school straight to work. I feel anger when i think about school shootings. And how ill be expelled if im caught with my gun there.. but i need the degree so the gun stays home :rolleyes:

Im also still trying to figure out an incognito way to carry a gun while im working my window cleaning job, lots of reaching and bending over.

Dude you go to IU I'm assuming. It's not against the law to carry at school here in Indiana, it's just against the school's rules. Concealed is concealed at that point, I'm back in grad school and I most certainly go to campus every day "the right way" :):. For the window job go with either appendix or pants and an ankle holster.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Dude you go to IU I'm assuming. It's not against the law to carry at school here in Indiana, it's just against the school's rules. Concealed is concealed at that point, I'm back in grad school and I most certainly go to campus every day "the right way" :):. For the window job go with either appendix or pants and an ankle holster.

It's obvious to me he knows it's not against the law.

He is however, making a judgement call based on the risk of expulsion vs. need for a firearm.

That said, I always CC on campuses, but I'm not a student.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    It's obvious to me he knows it's not against the law.

He is however, making a judgement call based on the risk of expulsion vs. need for a firearm.

That said, I always CC on campuses, but I'm not a student.

Yup, i know it isnt against the law. But ive been fortunate enough to be given the opportunity to get into school with very little of my own money being spent. If i screw this up, i will not be going back to school.
    Now that winter time is here, for the windows i may consider some sort of boot holster rig.. depends on funds, ill probably need a new gun :cool:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Yup, i know it isnt against the law. But ive been fortunate enough to be given the opportunity to get into school with very little of my own money being spent. If i screw this up, i will not be going back to school.
    Now that winter time is here, for the windows i may consider some sort of boot holster rig.. depends on funds, ill probably need a new gun :cool:

:yesway:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Sweaters are the perfect CC attire. ;)

Well, next to sport coats and blazers, but that's a bit pretentious for today's college classrooms.

The nice thing is, everyone thinks college campuses are GFZ's so they don't expect to see guns, thus you can be pretty sloppy with your CC and not arouse suspicions.

Top Bottom