• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I go every six months! I with my medical doctor was as persistent and pestered me to come in for my yearly checkup. It's like trying to get in to see the queen! BTW, how do you know you don't have cavities? I'm asking because I just don't know. Do they hurt or something?

I've always been told that you know if you have a cavity because it hurts a lot. But I dunno.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I don't go enough. While growing up I had a butcher dentist and his ***** sister was his assistant. I always told my mom I didn't like them. I think they made me afraid of the dentist.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I was there last in 1991 on a lunch break to get four wisdom teeth pulled. I went back to work and have not been to the dentist since then. I brush everyday but I am not going to the dentist. I am half English.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    every 6 mths. Having a cleaning done has nothing to do with preventing cavities it is to prevent gum disease by keeping the plague and gingivitis at the gum line in check.
    Brush twice a day and flossing daily goes a long way.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I've always been told that you know if you have a cavity because it hurts a lot. But I dunno.

The cavity only hurts when it becomes big and has gone all the way through your enamel to the soft tissue where the nerve is. Catch a little one before it gets to be a big one that hurts.

By the way, I love to go to the dentist, even though I had a lot of traumatic experience with a dentist after I was in an accident. I actually look forward to going in for a cleanning. I love the way my teeth feel when they are all clean and shiny. :D

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Why is a dentist visit so bad for so many people?

I've only had two very bad experiences...The first time was when I chose to not get put to sleep when I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth taken out and the second time was when I chose not to get Novocaine when I got a cavity drilled out(I have a really high pain tolerance, but that was a BAD idea).

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    every six months and they have been telling me to get my wisdom teeth pulled or should I say recommend to get them pulled. Ive been puttin that off for a while needless to say.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Last time I went to the dentist was to get dental records made in case our helicopter crashed during our fast-rope training exercises & they needed the dental impressions & xrays in order to identify our charred, mutilated corpses.

Anyway that was about 23 years ago, so I should probably call & make an appointment or something eh?

cowgirl.sdm

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Johnson County
    Well I went about 5 months ago and got all my wisdom teeth pulled. Then had to go again Monday and have another one pulled because I could not afford the $2000 they wanted to save it. I hate dentist!:(

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I used to go once a year, or every 6 months, I forget. But due to time and really not thinking about, I haven't been in 2.5 years, maybe 2.

I've never had a bad dentist experience, no drill slip, nothing. The gums may hurt a bit, but the teeth do feel clean.

Top Bottom