• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gonzopatriot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Harrison Co
    Every state resident thats over 17, owns a firearm and is not a felon is part of the militia per the state constitution. So whether you agree with the term or not its a fact. The question comes down too what kind of Patriot are you?

In the few years ive been in the Patriot Movement I seen groups form and then fraction off into different groups usually because of dissolution and/or disagreements with who ever formed the group. And it always comes down to one man. I have come to the conclusion that state groups can not work. No one is ever going to be completely statisfied with an organization especially when theyve never met the person making the rules.

Couple thoughts... 1st edition

Organizations with a paramilitary image are usually not taken seriouslly any more due to the demonization of the militia and patriot movement. Dont get me wrong, I love training in camies and LBE but there's a time and place. Civilian/Community based Emergency Response Teams/groups seem to be the best terminology and face to take to combat this fact and recruit new members.

Individual groups need to be based out of individual counties.
    -That way everyone that comes to a meeting or training has the chance to question any group issue. (Being that CO/XO would be present)

Taking from the wisdom of our founding fathers we should leave religion out of group affairs. Furthermore so should we leave politics out. These days there are more churches out there with different readings and many interpretations on religion and politics that it should be left out of group events. Im not saying dont have opinions... but these groups are not political or religious discussion groups. They are community first response organizations. You should be there to learn and assist your community.

Added 3/20/14

Requiring the showing of a background check for all members. The state constitution states that you can not be a criminal to be in the militia so why not have to prove your not. This would weed out bad news and solidify trust between members

Last edited:

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    In the groups you talk about, they are an extremely.... passionate sort. If politics and religion were left out of the equation it would work. Like this forum for example, any religion talk is grounds for thread closure, and for good reason.

dirtfarmerz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Henry County
    Taking from the wisdom of our founding fathers we should leave religion out of group affairs. Furthermore so should we leave politics out. These days there are more churches out there with different readings and many interpretations on religion and politics that it should be left out of group events. Im not saying dont have opinions... but these groups are not political or religious discussion groups. They are community first response organizations. You should be there to learn and assist your community.

In the groups you talk about, they are an extremely.... passionate sort. If politics and religion were left out of the equation it would work. Like this forum for example, any religion talk is grounds for thread closure, and for good reason.

The folks on the Mayflower came to America to make sure religion had a part in their politics. The Founding Fathers did not leave religion out of politics. Leave religion out of politics/group affairs and you get exactly what you have now. John Adams said "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

Those religious Founding Fathers gave us a real nice Constitution and a bunch of Rights that "worked" up until a few decades ago; right up until somebody decided that religion shouldn't be a part of the equation. They should thank you for your support. The government had Evangelical Christians listed as the #1 terrorist threat on the DHS Terrorist Watchlist; Al Qaeda was at #6. That "somebody" is now after more than just removing religion from our lives. It's not going to work out well for us.

I deleted a quote from the Mayflower Compact. I figured that might be too much "religion" for some of you.

Last edited:

ray d

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Groups like this do exist and are growing. Small units of patriots that join at times to train .

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    The folks on the Mayflower came to America to make sure religion had a part in their politics. The Founding Fathers did not leave religion out of politics. Leave religion out of politics/group affairs and you get exactly what you have now. John Adams said "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

Those religious Founding Fathers gave us a real nice Constitution and a bunch of Rights that "worked" up until a few decades ago; right up until somebody decided that religion shouldn't be a part of the equation. They should thank you for your support. The government had Evangelical Christians listed as the #1 terrorist threat on the DHS Terrorist Watchlist; Al Qaeda was at #6. That "somebody" is now after more than just removing religion from our lives. It's not going to work out well for us.

I deleted a quote from the Mayflower Compact. I figured that might be too much "religion" for some of you.

+1. Thomas Jefferson later in life wished he hadn't mentioned the separation of state and church. His intent is not at all what we are seeing now.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Haven't there been a couple attempts to 'recruit' people for some 'militia' groups on INGO before? I seem to remember at least a couple distinctly.

His intent was to keep government out of religion, not religion out of all public life.

Tell that to the atheists, whom incidentally only seem to target Christianity, they don't persecute islam - I wonder why not? :popcorn:

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    HeadlessRoland - " Tell that to the atheists, whom incidentally only seem to target Christianity, they don't persecute islam - I wonder why not? ":popcorn:[/QUOTE]

because all evil is terrified of true Christianity.

Last edited:

gonzopatriot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Harrison Co
    This post was not intended to bring about a discussion of religion in the founding of this country. But to bring about a discussion of how we can fulfill the first part of the second amendment in which most I believe tend to ignore.

gonzopatriot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Harrison Co
    I am a christian. All im saying is that I dont want anyone to feel they are not part of defending their own community because they dont pray... most arent atheists but just dont know and like to leave it that way. And I will not demonize them for that

gonzopatriot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Harrison Co
    Furthermore this is not in anyway an attempt to recruit anyone. The reading of "individual groups should be based out of individual counties" should have made that clear. If anything this is a blow at what this state calls its militias.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    This post was not intended to bring about a discussion of religion in the founding of this country. But to bring about a discussion of how we can fulfill the first part of the second amendment in which most I believe tend to ignore.

I am a christian. All im saying is that I dont want anyone to feel they are not part of defending their own community because they dont pray... most arent atheists but just dont know and like to leave it that way. And I will not demonize them for that

Furthermore this is not in anyway an attempt to recruit anyone. The reading of "individual groups should be based out of individual counties" should have made that clear. If anything this is a blow at what this state calls its militias.

Perhaps my prior statement gave the impression that I care about or would censor what atheists - or muslims, or anyone - believe. I don't. I don't care if someone is a theist or non-theist or if they worship Toyota Corollas - I just don't care. I do care about the behavior of anti-religionists to try to completely remove these religions from public life, as there is a fundamental difference between respecting no establishment of a State religion and permitting individuals to openly declare their faiths in public, which is the major trend I've noticed very much in the recent past. I'm fine with the Toyota-ists setting up their own monument in the public square if they like, but I'm tired of anti-religionists tearing down other monuments and displays of the faiths of the people of this great nation. So very tired.

Rick60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    Bloomington
    Ok, just got on this thread and I have not fully thought this out,so, forgive me if I am an idiot!!!.... Here we go.... Supposing I as an individual start a militia(home guard), gather together once a month and after marching around very badly, retire and have a drink at a pub or have a soft drink or tea.... Duly elected officers but no religion involved, no certain types of weapons, just people involved in a well regulated militia... Isn't that what our forebears did? Isn't this is what the 2nd ad. Says? What does religion or camos or tactical gear have to do with anything? My question is... Would a loose militia like this make any difference in our gun laws? Just seems to mere are spending way to much time worrying about what lawyers think! .... Sorry if I'm an idiot.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Im not sure if the rest of you know this but no where in the constitution does it call for a separation of Church and State. Read it and you will see. The closet it comes is in the 1st Amendment and it just states that the Gov will not establish a religion. Or stopping people from exercising there own religion. It is just there to prevent the Government from forcing people into religions like the King of England did when he wanted to get a Divorce so he forced people to become his new Religion.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I thought a militia was a group of people that trained to provide for the defense of the nation from foreign or domestic aggressors? Historically domestic aggressors that militias have responded to are looters, rioters, and citizens in revolt (see: Whiskey Rebellion). I see nothing in that that specifies your religion, race, creed, or any political stance besides standing by our constitution. I don't see where religion even comes into the discussion besides when some of the militia groups drew criticism for being openly anti-Islamic or antisemitic views. Such views, broadly vilifying a group of people, are, in my opinion, antithetical to the spirit of our nation.

Can't we go back to a group of people doing rifle drill at the county fairgrounds a few times a year so that, should they be needed, every man has a basic military skill set? It would do more to accomplish an overall military and defense readiness, the entire point of militias, than closed groups of people preparing to fight some imagined future race war/holy war/zombie attack. That is the stuff that painted the militia movement in a bad light in the first place.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    My .02 after much thought on the toppic is that the (duly elected) Sherrif should be in charge of coordinating training for the County. That way everyone would be on the same page as to "providing for the common defence and supressing insurections" for their local area of operations.

Kind of like the 'reserves'.

Top Bottom