• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Apparently, we've been doing it wrong all these years. America's Test Kitchen has come up with a new way that gives you perfectly cooked bacon. Gonna have to give this a try.

[video=youtube_share;2guC4Badq2s]http://youtu.be/2guC4Badq2s[/video]

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    This. A nice sheet tray of bacon laid out on parchment in the oven at 350 is about the easiest and most evenly cooked bacon you can make.
    easiest way to make mass quantities as well. i can almost guarantee that any bacon you've eaten at a sunday brunch buffet was cooked in this manner.

vvet762

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Too much work. Just heat up the 12" cast iron skillet, cut the bacon in half and fry. By cutting the bacon in half lets each piece cook evenly.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    OK it's been a awhile since this one's made the rounds.

[video=youtube;lMdw1WP_9DA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMdw1WP_9DA[/video]

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    That technique may have merit but I'd be interested to know how long it takes. Cooking off that much water isn't a quick process. I think I'll stick with baking it.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Cast iron, on low heat. When you're done you have the only authorized fat for frying eggs, and it's already hot. It's important when using cast iron to not use a bacon that has been cured with sugar. It will cook merrily along, be almost done, and seconds later you will have blackened pork. Better off with an oven if you're going to go with that stuff. But the better quality stuff usually won't have any sugar.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    My wife cooks our bacon in the over all at one time , a crap load 1 or 2lbs ... She uses a big cookie sheet wrapped in foil then she saves the grease for later.. We cook eggs in bacon grease not butter, makes it more yummy..

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I've always fried mine on an electric griddle. I'm intrigued on using an oven now. Do you just put it in and let it bake?

Top Bottom