• ...and so much more!
  • fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Document all the damage, and all the times you are aware of when the DNR/Police made contact with him. Document where his targets are, and how they are oriented. Get pictures and video of him shooting into your land. Document this all, with out opinion just mark down factual statements. Also document the days, and times you talk to him about it along with his response. Set your phone to record audio and place it in your pocket and record the conversations. Collect as much data as you have patients for. Consult a lawyer, see if you can sue for destruction of property, endangerment, etc. Then file a law suit. Hit his pocket book as hard as the law will allow.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I believe I can provide at least a partial update on what is happening in our situation. The neighbor had his trial on Sept. 2nd and was convicted of the criminal recklessness charge. I was waiting to see what they were doing with the charges against his friend who was also there shooting when the DNR arrived, and I guess the prosecutor is still talking to him. No trial date has been set for him and I got notice that he has another pretrial conference in about a month.

At sentencing, the judge put a ban on shooting on that property for as long as the neighbor lives there. No shooting by him, his family or his friends on that property for any reason with any type of firearm. I was not expecting that, but it sure goes a long way in making us feel safer. If we hear any shooting, we are to call the sheriff's department right away and they will send someone out. He got six months (suspended) with 12 months probation in addition to the shooting ban. It has been nice and quiet and we can actually walk in our woods and feel safe doing so.

I will update more when a decision has been made regarding the other person who was charged. I can't really give any more details other than this as I do not want to jeopardize the case against the second party. What I have stated above is all part of the public record so I feel comfortable sharing it.

:)

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I just read that whole thing. WOW.

Yeah that area of Indiana is really sandy. When we lived in Knox (only for a year), there was a woods between our house and the plant where my Mom & Dad worked at, but part way through the woods it turned to sand, and there were little cacti all over the place. It was sand almost all the way to the fence around the plant.

Looking at Google Maps, it looks like it is still sand all the way up to the fence.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I just read that whole thing. WOW.

Yeah that area of Indiana is really sandy. When we lived in Knox (only for a year), there was a woods between our house and the plant where my Mom & Dad worked at, but part way through the woods it turned to sand, and there were little cacti all over the place. It was sand almost all the way to the fence around the plant.

Looking at Google Maps, it looks like it is still sand all the way up to the fence.

What plant? This area used to be a lake....part of the Grand Kankakee Marsh.

Hey Mom......I found it. Terrorist "TT" gave it back to me today...............:):

:):

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    What plant? This area used to be a lake....part of the Grand Kankakee Marsh.

At the time it was Rockwell of Randolph when Dad moved the plant there. Later it became Rockwell Windows, the second time Dad managed the place, and the third and last time I think it was changed to Barber & Ross. Now according to Google Maps, it is Selected Furnature. Also according to Google Maps there is a house in the woods that wasn't there when I lived up there 30 years ago.

Though part of that year we lived out near Bass Lake instead of in town.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    At the time it was Rockwell of Randolph when Dad moved the plant there. Later it became Rockwell Windows, the second time Dad managed the place, and the third and last time I think it was changed to Barber & Ross. Now according to Google Maps, it is Selected Furnature. Also according to Google Maps there is a house in the woods that wasn't there when I lived up there 30 years ago.

It was still Rockwell when we moved here. It was empty for a while and I think is still in business as the furniture place though believe that was in the tax sale a year or two ago and an individual paid the $40k or so they owed.

- - - Updated - - -

It was still Rockwell when we moved here. It was empty for a while and I think is still in business as the furniture place though believe that was in the tax sale a year or two ago and an individual paid the $40k or so they owed.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

- - - Updated - - -

Double posts.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Double posts.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I saw one of yours like that...glitches still happening.

- - - Updated - - -

I saw one of yours like that...glitches still happening.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Document all the damage, and all the times you are aware of when the DNR/Police made contact with him. Document where his targets are, and how they are oriented. Get pictures and video of him shooting into your land. Document this all, with out opinion just mark down factual statements. Also document the days, and times you talk to him about it along with his response. Set your phone to record audio and place it in your pocket and record the conversations. Collect as much data as you have patients for. Consult a lawyer, see if you can sue for destruction of property, endangerment, etc. Then file a law suit. Hit his pocket book as hard as the law will allow.

Day late and a dollar short. Somebody didnt read the entire thread... LOL (suit was filed and won)

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Did you SUE that neighbor for damages to your property? Those bullets in the trees cost you a lot of money in case you didn't know that.
    Since they were convicted of the criminal recklessness, it would have probably been fairly easy to win a civil case for the damages. We chose not to pursue it since our main goal was to feel safe using our property. We agreed that if he created any additional problems, we would. He has pretty much kept to himself and it's been pretty quiet since that got settled.

Top Bottom