• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Yes I'm serious, you chumps think its all true because you read it on ingo, your getting one side (and a very byass side at that).

my uncle had a city couple build a house next to his 20acre homestead and they ruined his shooting range even though no one was ever in any danger, so I am always sceptical.

especially when We are only getting one point of view.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The shooter is the idiot from the city. Why is it that people think they can buy five acres and they have a lot of property?

Lunati

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Warsaw
    Yes I'm serious, you chumps think its all true because you read it on ingo, your getting one side (and a very byass side at that).

my uncle had a city couple build a house next to his 20acre homestead and they ruined his shooting range even though no one was ever in any danger, so I am always sceptical.

especially when We are only getting one point of view.

What evidence makes it not true? Where are you getting your information? Just because you're uncle had a bad experience makes all situations like this obsolete? True we are only getting one point of view but that view seems pretty consistent.

What would you do if you had a neighbor blatantly shooting towards your property with no backstop?

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    So its all true because all the points made by the same person match up.

Well if they don't she is either stupid or has multiple personalitys .

Don't be a chump.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I have a shooting range and we enjoy shooting. If this person were to build a backstop, I would be happy to hear him having fun. It is comments like that posted by Giovani that makes people hesitate to ask for help in situations like this.

I would love to have this guy post his side of the story. How does one justify doing this and endangering everyone in the neighborhood.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I have a shooting range and we enjoy shooting. If this person were to build a backstop, I would be happy to hear him having fun. It is comments like that posted by Giovani that makes people hesitate to ask for help in situations like this.

I would love to have this guy post his side of the story. How does one justify doing this and endangering everyone in the neighborhood.
    The INGO solution for controlling neighborhood behavior is ordinances and code enforcement.

Lunati

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Warsaw
    So its all true because all the points made by the same person match up.

Well if they don't she is either stupid or has multiple personalitys .

Don't be a chump.

Now you're not even making sense... I'm done wasting my time on you.

Nor did you answer any of my questions.

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012

I have made no judgment on you, it could be just as you say. Or you could be hassling a nice guy. Or it could be( and this is the most likely) somewhere in the middle.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Welcome to INGO, mom45.

I know you don't know any of us and because of that, this question may be kind of stupid...but if you were to post a link to google-maps of your site along with the neighbor's, it might give some of us some ideas to help. Or if you don't want to post an address, maybe a screen shot of the satellite image, with the identifying information redacted...just a thought.

Bad neighbors certainly can ruin your enjoyment of your property.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Op, thanks for posting this thread. After reading through your ordeal, I'll have to tell my neighbor who I thought was horrible, that he's not the dumbest, most obnoxious SOB after all.

The police told us they can't do anything until something bad happens. I looked at the officer like he'd lost his mind and asked him if they seriously intended to wait until someone or something got shot or killed. I told him that is insane, and he agreed and said that nobody likes to regulate firearms. I told him, I own guns. I shoot guns...have for most of my life and enjoy them very much. However, I am not willing to see someone harmed because this idiot is too stupid to erect a proper backstop. His mother-in-law owns the ground and I doubt that they would even consider selling. I am never moving so that is not an option.

I don't like to see firearm regulations either, but, he shouldn't get to use your trees and signs as a backstop!

I'm thinking the letter your attorney writes, if it gets that far, should be to the mother-in-law. Hopefully she's a cranky old gal who doesn't much like her son-in-law anyway.

im game for hanging out... my crown vic seems to scare people
    Ironically, crown vics like yours must not be so scary to some people when they're not strategically parked.

I caught up to one of those cruising through Louisville the other day. I slowed down to match his speed and stayed a few car lengths behind him (he was doing 65 in a 55). He didn't seem to mind my speed. Another car crept past me in the left lane and eventually passed the trooper. As soon as that car's rear bumper passed the trooper, he lit him up. Poor sap must have thought speeding crown vics don't bite.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I agree get a local attorney that knows everyone at the court house. Nothing better than having an attorney that plays golf with the judge once a week. Now that is money well spent.

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I guess you'll have to build a large dirt berm on your side, probably cheaper and faster than an attorney.
    Do you have a tractor with a loader?

And your neighbor is an idiot: (semi-drunk people are shooting into a fire ring surrounded by rocks)

Last edited:

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    No, just don't see an up side for us gun owners if people like this involve the law, sooner or or later as hornatlnl pointed out it will lead to ordinances and code enforcment.

then the possibilty of other gun owners loosing their rights.

neighbors should learn to work out their differences.

Top Bottom