• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Don't take purse carrying away as an option. The discussion of purse carrying verse on the body is as viotale as OC vs CC. Both sides have valid points. So don't take that option away from your wife if that is what she would be more comfortable with.

It also doesn't have to be an all or nothing. Some outfits women like to wear are impractical to CC on our bodies and when your all dolled up for a night out on the town you sure don't want to be OC carrying. This is when purse carry can be an optiion. There are times I CC on my body and times I purse carry, it just depends on the sitution I'm going to be in, what I'm wearing and how comfortable I feel about carrying. There are times I just don't feel comfortable carrying and I leave the gun in the car. There is no right or wrong way to carry, just good firearm safety to be concerned about. Each person has to do what they are comfortable with.

Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    I am in the same position. My girlfriend sells jewelry for a living and often travels around Indiana to do home shows for women, coming home sometimes as late as midnight. She is warming up to the idea of carrying and is interested in going to the range with me "sometime soon" although she does keep making excuses of why she can't go. :rolleyes:

My gun is rarely ever out of arms reach and just recently I have noticed when we go out at night she asks me if I am carrying. She admits that she feels more safe when I have it and I think this is the first step. If she feels safer knowing you can protect her, it's an easier transition for her to accept the idea of having a gun herself.

She sees that I am safe with it, that I respect the gun's power, that I keep trying to learn, and practice every week. This alone prompts her to ask questions and talk about things. I am showing her by example that there isn't always a bad side to owning a firearm. She knows I just want to be prepared to protect myself and her.

I also make it a point to mention every time there is a home invasion in the news or if a woman gets attacked. It is just not realistic to think it can't happen.

Oh, and another way of saying that you can't "push a rope" is "you can't make a woman do anything she doesn't want to do." :laugh::laugh::laugh:

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    I keep trying to get my wife to find a good light compact handgun to carry in her purse. She refuses to even entertain the offer.

It just makes sense - she carries books, bricks (if I didn't know any better) and god knows what else in her huge purses but just won't try. Suggestions?

Sweet talking was a non-success...

avenged, you have some good responses here. But you don't say what your wife's objections are based on? I imagine she has given you reasons why she refuses to entertain the idea. Your approach with her would be very different if she doesn't like guns at all (or fears them, etc.) or hates shooting them vs. if she likes shooting and going to the range but is reluctant to carry. If the latter, then the reason she is reluctant to carry would need to be known to know the best way to get her past that, or even if it's possible.

If you can give us more info, then we might be able to help you zero in on wht might specifically help your wife change her mind... or not! :)

Top Bottom