• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    *jagee pulled over on motorcycle for speeding (25 then 35, on up as going out of town on country road)

Cop: do you know why I pulled you over?
    Jagee: I was probably going too fast too soon.
    Cop: yeah...do you have any weapons or anything you?
    Jagee: pocket knife in front pocket, pistol on right hip.
    Cop: ok, I'm going to take it off of you for both of our safety.
    Jagee: *moves hand/arm out of the way.
    Cop: *removes pistol from holster, takes back to car and clears it

Stop goes smoothly from there. He was jealous I was out riding and he was at work. Commented the he also carries a Shield when not on duty. Brought back empty gun slide locked back, mag, and the +1 loose. Put all that in the saddle bag. I picked it up, loaded it, re-holstered, went on my way with ticket for speeding.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    *jagee pulled over on motorcycle for speeding (25 then 35, on up as going out of town on country road)

Stop goes smoothly from there. He was jealous I was out riding and he was at work. Commented the he also carries a Shield when not on duty. Brought back empty gun slide locked back, mag, and the +1 loose. Put all that in the saddle bag. I picked it up, loaded it, re-holstered, went on my way with ticket for speeding.

He still gave you a citation? What a ****. ISP?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So you're advocating reprogramming the officer's data terminal to allow for a rescue.

Got it.

(Kobayashi Maru reference implied.)

I am advocating nailing the hot green chick.

Geez, no, I am advocating shutting the shutty mcshut up!

Stop trying to go for the head pat. Just be quite, relax and drive (in compliance with the traffic code) on.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ... Cop: ok, I'm going to take it off of you for both of our safety. ...

Whew, oh yeah, because unnecessarily fiddling with loaded guns, unloading them, and giving them back to the owner, unloaded, only to have to be loaded and reholstered again, is sooooooo much safer for everyone involved.

At least he didn't completely empty your mag and return an empty gun, empty mag, and a baggie of loose rounds. "Props" for that, I suppose. :n00b::rolleyes:

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    You forgot in steps for not getting pulled over.
    1 Remove all "Bad Cop No Donut" and related bumper stickers.
    2 Use your full hand when waving to LEOs.
    3 If you license is suspended and you need a new can of chew, do not park next to the one officer who knows your license is suspended.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN

What garbage. There is no cause to remove those items. Or even ask about them.

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home
    Endless threads on INGO are generated regarding individuals carrying handguns and police interactions during traffic stops.

Let's go over how to mitigate our risks of being stopped and how to handle traffic stops.

1. Clean your vehicle. Keep your car clean and organized. Stop throwing filth inside your car. Your mommy is not coming to clean it out. Clean it up and wipe it down with Lysol wipes, etc.

Keep the outside of your car clean. There is a distinction between filth and honest dirt from the jobsite (masons, construction, plumbers, electriicians, etc.), the cops can tell the difference.

2. Keep your vehicle in good repair. Replace the broken, cracked stuff. Pick a Saturday a month and ensure that everything works.

3. Keep your papers in order. I use the big Ziplock bags. Everything goes in there in the glove box, not scattered over the four corners of the earth and your vehicle. Keep your stuff together.

You're probably asking too much from about 25% of the population.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Exactly. He should be filing a complaint and/or retaining legal council to prevent their department from abusing people in the future.

That would be a waste of money. Those actions a well within the powers of LE. If you ever want that to change, you're not going to find much help from a PD. You're just going to have to outright sue.

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home
    That would be a waste of money. Those actions a well within the powers of LE. If you ever want that to change, you're not going to find much help from a PD. You're just going to have to outright sue.

That's why I said and/or legal council. I don't think it's "well within the powers of LE" to disarm people without a good reason. Being scared of guns isn't a good reason. Plus, lets be honest, I bet 99% of the time they run the serial number and are just fishing for a stolen gun. But yeah, I get it, PD complaints are a waste of time. They get filed and no one cares.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That's why I said and/or legal council. I don't think it's "well within the powers of LE" to disarm people without a good reason. Being scared of guns isn't a good reason. Plus, lets be honest, I bet 99% of the time they run the serial number and are just fishing for a stolen gun. But yeah, I get it, PD complaints are a waste of time. They get filed and no one cares.

I'll modify and say "well accepted" as powers of LE... and you can trust that as long as we are nation that as is as pro-2A as we are, there won't be much that changes.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Just for the future.

Council- a group of people wrapped up in the petty politics of their tiny sphere of influance.

Counsel- one who counsels.

Either may be correct depending on the context. Hopefully, usually, the latter.

Top Bottom