• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ViceMan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Osceola
    So I do have my own question, as I’m waiting for my card in the mail still.. I have printed out the approval from the website, it does show active date and expiration date on the printout. Am I able to carry that said print out on my person, and in the event of being stopped will that be Suffice enough for proof of LTCH? Or do I need to wait and physically have my pink card on me? I ask this question because of the printout you get for a drivers license while your waiting for your physical drivers license card to arrive in the mail.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    If you obey all the traffic laws, and follow the speed limit, you won’t get pulled over by LEO. Which means you don’t have to worry about to do/say in traffic stops while carrying.

You can also ignore threads like this on INGO too :D

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If you obey all the traffic laws, and follow the speed limit, you won’t get pulled over by LEO. Which means you don’t have to worry about to do/say in traffic stops while carrying.

That's good advice, but sometimes you do get pulled over even if you're not doing anything wrong. I was once pulled over by ISP with the reason given that one of my license plate lights was out. The regulations say you just have to have a light and he could clearly see my license plate with the one functional light, but he still gave me a written/printed warning. I won't speculate about why he really pulled me over.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

I just don't . . . do people read anymore?

4. Know the traffic code and obey it. I was once told on an OWI that the person "did not believe in turn signals." You may not believe in turn signals but the judge does. Stop playing stupid, study the traffic code so that it becomes a sword for you, not to you.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    That's good advice, but sometimes you do get pulled over even if you're not doing anything wrong....

This is true. I was driving one night in a town I was unfamiliar with, bone tired from a day of firefighter training, which I identified as putting me at higher risk for doing sumpin' dumb traffic-wise. Therefore I was scrupulously observing all traffic regulations, especially after a crown vic with a lightbar slid in right behind me. I perfectly executed a signal-in-advance left turn into the motel parking lot, whereupon the crown vic followed me in and lit up the party lights. When I asked the officer why he pulled me over, he said "Window tint might be too dark," which I immediately identified as a Bald Faced Lie. Anyway, when I handed him my (then) CHL, he got a very puzzled look on his face, said "wait a minute", checked the plate on the front of my truck, and made a radio call. He then returned to my window, gave my licenses back, and apologized for stopping me. Turns out he was suspicious because I was in a four-door truck late at night (crewcab trucks are popular here for smuggling illegals and dope), and when he called in my vehicle plate he called in one of the numbers wrong, so the plate came back to a different vehicle.

Never did ask me if I was armed.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Since I don't do the face book... I leave it to INGO and the wealth of intellect to properly inform me of these things. And rhino, of course.

All the tales of circular arguing on the face book makes me dizzy. Its the toilet of social media.

Sincerely,
    Mr. Atoz.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Oh please. You know that the majority of people most likely just skimmed over what you posted to get to the gun stuff. :)

oh-snap.jpg

Since I don't do the face book... I leave it to INGO and the wealth of intellect to properly inform me of these things. And rhino, of course.

All the tales of circular arguing on the face book makes me dizzy. Its the toilet of social media.

Sincerely,
    Mr. Atoz.

You are wise to avoid The Facebook!

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home
    Just for the future.

Council- a group of people wrapped up in the petty politics of their tiny sphere of influance.

Counsel- one who counsels.

Either may be correct depending on the context. Hopefully, usually, the latter.

Your right, it was a typo on my part.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

A Merrillville LEO was pulling over everyone that drove a certain model car in a certain color.
    He was mad about how someone acting towards his wife/daughter/girlfriend (I can't remember the relationship).
    I do remember that he was threatening everyone in those cars.

Well, he was till the phone calls started coming in to the PD.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

And, I was pulled over on I-80 in one of the "cities" on the outskirts of Chicago.
    I was "weaving".
    After spending 5 seconds to determine I wasn't drunk, he spent the next 15 minutes or so trying to convince me to let him search my car.
    It would be easy.
    I can have a dog here in 5 minutes.
    I can get a search warrant in 5 minutes.
    If I would just say "okay", it would go better.
    He could keep me there all night.
    The 4th Amendment only applies to your house, not your car.

Those were many of the attempts to get me to change my mind.
    Had he met my hard headed parents, he may have realized, stubbornness is in my blood.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    Last time I was pulled over for was for running a red light. However I had a left turn arrow. I think I have been asked if I had anything illegal or weaponsoatnof the times I have been tagged by cops.

The second time I was pulled over the cops used all the same excuses about dogs, search warrants, and detaining me. I was a sucker and consented, he made a helluva mess of everything, but didn't find crap.

Driving a lowered/juiced truck attracts way too much attention from the law even if you never do anything wrong.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    And, I was pulled over on I-80 in one of the "cities" on the outskirts of Chicago.
    I was "weaving".
    After spending 5 seconds to determine I wasn't drunk, he spent the next 15 minutes or so trying to convince me to let him search my car.
    It would be easy.
    I can have a dog here in 5 minutes.
    I can get a search warrant in 5 minutes.
    If I would just say "okay", it would go better.
    He could keep me there all night.
    The 4th Amendment only applies to your house, not your car.

Those were many of the attempts to get me to change my mind.
    Had he met my hard headed parents, he may have realized, stubbornness is in my blood.

Well.......... inquiring minds want to know......... how'd it turn out?

Top Bottom