Not open for further replies.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I try to look at the first page or two of new posts once a day. Easy way to keep up on news. 50 quality posts? I'll never make it. Yes, change your specific address. Speak up when you have good insight on a topic. Welcome from Decatur:draw:.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Dang, it is gonna take a lot of typing to get around to 50 posts in order to participate in the classifieds. I don't have anything particular in mind I want but, just saying. Especially when my posts can't be one liners. I am a fella of few words. I shall work on it though.
    :popcorn:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well he did say......:):

A while back on an Air Force-related forum I frequent we had a new member introduce himself as an Army Reservist. He stated in the intro post there was an Air Force object on his base which he needed help identifying. After several questions like, "is it bigger than a breadbox?", "Is it wearing a flightsuit & sunglasses and is real arrogant?" (that's a fighter pilot) "Is it long, cylindrical, OD green in color and has tail fins?" we never heard from the guy again. Maybe with the counter at 3 GrandpaJ (does he play banjo and wear a crazy hat?) may be one of those posts.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A while back on an Air Force-related forum I frequent we had a new member introduce himself as an Army Reservist. He stated in the intro post there was an Air Force object on his base which he needed help identifying. After several questions like, "is it bigger than a breadbox?", "Is it wearing a flightsuit & sunglasses and is real arrogant?" (that's a fighter pilot) "Is it long, cylindrical, OD green in color and has tail fins?" we never heard from the guy again. Maybe with the counter at 3 GrandpaJ (does he play banjo and wear a crazy hat?) may be one of those posts.

Sometimes this Forum can scare of the weak of heart and thin skinned. This group has an off beat humor/sarcasm that unless you frequent the forum a lot can be taken offensively by the groups mentioned. Some folks fit right in. Others not so much. It is the way of things.

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    Welcome grandpawj
    It took me a month to get 50 posts & I was trying
    The words "Quality Posts" is the key..
    You could also just send in your $20 & gain instant access too..
    Joining to just gain access to the classifieds is not the way to go about it for sure..

There are so many areas of this forum that aren't available for the newbie to post in, it does make it tough..
    With the weather the way it's been I've seen many posts about how cold it is & how to deal with frozen pipes etc.
    I guess I'm lucky in a way about stuff like that, being a retired maintenance tech gives me more insight on topics like that than the law allows = Plumbing..

This is a great forum but as stated before the classifieds are hit & miss, You'd be better off going to a gunshow, gun store or just use armslist etc.

Gary/Hk

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Welcome grandpawj
    Joining to just gain access to the classifieds is not the way to go about it for sure..

There are so many areas of this forum that aren't available for the newbie to post in, it does make it tough..
    With the weather the way it's been I've seen many posts about how cold it is & how to deal with frozen pipes etc.
    I guess I'm lucky in a way about stuff like that, being a retired maintenance tech gives me more insight on topics like that than the law allows = Plumbing..

This is a great forum but as stated before the classifieds are hit & miss, You'd be better off going to a gunshow, gun store or just use armslist etc.

Gary/Hk

Just a thought, Joining just to gain access to the classies may not be the best reason. Chipping in to keep the place running IS.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    50 quality posts is not that hard to accomplish. Hell, you could easily get that in two days in just the outdoors section alone. As others have said you could pay in cash and get site supporter status. I feel it’s worth the $20 just to be able to get all the good info and read all the all the snarky posts.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Welcome grandpawj

Gary/Hk

Suck Up!:laugh:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    50 quality posts is not that hard to accomplish. Hell, you could easily get that in two days in just the outdoors section alone. As others have said you could pay in cash and get site supporter status. I feel it’s worth the $20 just to be able to get all the good info and read all the all the snarky posts.

Snarky posts! I resemble that implication.

But I certainly agree with the part in red.

I have a free AP on my phone that is so helpful that I bought the $.49 version just to say thank you to the developer, I also e mailed them to thank them.

Thanks for keeping a great community alive, Texkev.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom