• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Mine never stopped itching so enough was enough.
    Shaving is the lesser of evils for me.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Wife won't let me grow it long, but at my age, I don't think it would look good long anyway...

IlvfRq7.jpg

Shot of my boy at the race track as he was staring out into space... Just graduated ISU, got hired by Vigo CO.

OCr4UKj.jpg

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I grew mine for a week on vacation. Always do. Dont shave at all from the time I leave work.

Wife posted several pics of me later in the vacation to the facebooks with my growth. After several of her friends made a comment that I was incredibly hot in those scruffy pics, for the safety of all women, I shaved. Cant have them being too tempted and mobbing me on the street. I'm a married man after all!

(OK, so maybe the shaving and the comments were out of sequence since for the safety of our unoccupied home, we post our vacation photos and stories exactly 1 week later after we return, and I had to shave before going back to work...)

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    my 16 y/o son, I believe this is at about 3 months out. (the hair is a few years)
    He's not complained much but I too am interested in what to put on it to keep it nice

YJIqq57.jpg

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I stopped shaving completely in November of 2017. Prior to that I had the Van Dyke (mustache & goatee). I've had some form of facial hair since my early 20s. I used to keep it short because it hid the grey/white. Now it doesn't matter, I can't hide that much white/grey.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Other than when I was in basic I've had at least a mustache since I was 16. Even had a full beard in my senior pics. A beard off and on after ETS. Current beard is going on a year old. Give a trim on average about every month or so. Right now its around 3/4-1" long and I'll let it grow out over the winter. I don't use any special treatments on it, just shampoo and conditioner, same as the hair on top my head.

Forgot I shaved the flavor saver once a few years ago. Was trimming it up for a special occasion and screwed it up. By the time I got it straightened up I looked a bit like a Austrian corporal so decided to start over.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I grew mine for a week on vacation. Always do. Dont shave at all from the time I leave work.

Wife posted several pics of me later in the vacation to the facebooks with my growth. After several of her friends made a comment that I was incredibly hot in those scruffy pics, for the safety of all women, I shaved. Cant have them being too tempted and mobbing me on the street. I'm a married man after all!

(OK, so maybe the shaving and the comments were out of sequence since for the safety of our unoccupied home, we post our vacation photos and stories exactly 1 week later after we return, and I had to shave before going back to work...)

This reminds me of a great sketch from The Kids in the Hall.

[video=youtube_share;nYuOurhglz8]http://youtu.be/nYuOurhglz8[/video]

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington

Never considered myself as anywhere close to "hot" but my wife thought so when we were in college. (she drank a lot back then)

I do think my boy kinda looks like a young bad ass now in that racetrack photo. He's big too, about 6'3" 270.

I will say that on a trip to visit my daughter at Ball State last year some of her friends claimed I was "serving up looks" LOL... I was wearing my cowboy hat that day though... Chicks dig cowboys...

AlVine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Owen Co.
    I cropped it kind of short this summer, it was just too hot. But it’s never completely gone, the last time I shaved was the day before I got out of the USMC in 1983.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Trim down to mustache + goatee in the warmer months, grow it out from first frost till it gets too warm.

I was clean shaved, briefly, when I met my wife 10ish years ago. There's a singular picture from that time. Before (mid-HS through most of college) and since then, my chin and upper lip haven't seen the light of day.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    My beard when clean is really frizzy/curly. I used Wild Willie's Beard Butter (Walmart) for quite a while. It really keep the hair under control but it's a little greasy. I switched to Every Man Jack balm. It has a good scent and keeps the frizzies down. Not as good as Willie's but not as greasy either.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Beard, hmm. My beard? Interesting concept.

If I successfully bred with a Greek woman, my son successfully bred with another Greek woman, and so on, eventually a daughter a few more generations down the line would be able to grow a beard. The best I can do is some chin spinach and the outer sides of what might be kind of a mustache.

Murphy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2016
    Zionsville
    Cap’n Greybeard

Been married 46 years. Wife has never seen me without a full, complete beard. If I ever shave, I probably would scare myself. Think aftershave on “Home Alone.”

In two weeks, my beard will be a year old. I've sported some sort of chin covering since I graduated h.s. in the 90's. But I never really just let it go. So Labor Day 2018, was the last trim I did.

Here's what I have.

KJZ2DCx.jpg

Share all you want. What do you use on your beard? How long have you had it? Anything pertaining to the subject on face.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    First time in over 20 years I’ve been able to have one with work. Grew mine out about a year ago, keep it trim to about a centimeter, wishing I could get it to grow out just a little bit longer and grow in thicker. I’ve been using a beard balm with Minoxidil in it for the last two months or so and it has helped a bit. I’m planning on keeping it so I’ll be getting somewhat hipsterish with the treatments (not the manscaping.). My wife loves it.

harleymac1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2013
    Morgan County
    Where is the most trusted barbershop around Indy for beard shaping? I thought about checking out Warfleigh Barber Shop in Broad Ripple.

USMC Veteran / Lifetime LTCH / Lifetime NRA Member

Top Bottom