• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    I haven’t read every post in this thread yet, but I gotta think I’m in the running for the crown. I have shaved ONE TIME since 1975!! That was when our daughter was about two, I walked out of the bathroom and she started crying. Around 1981, didn’t like what I saw and never shaved again. I do shave my neck and beard is always trimmed and no more than an inch.

I’ve said to a few young guys with beards and man buns that I’ve had a beard longer than you’ve been alive, but only if it comes up in the conversation. I don’t feel like I have any chin, so I guess that’s kinda why I started growing a beard. It’s pretty grey and I’m not bald, but might as well be.

Attachments

• 19754E7D-100F-41F2-AB75-951E0F670128.jpg
      19754E7D-100F-41F2-AB75-951E0F670128.jpg
      135.1 KB · Views: 33

anvil

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2017
    N.E. In.
    started my beard in 1972 when I went out to sea in the Navy,, asia/pacific fleet***,never shaved it off since. It has been different lengths, neat and wild,, red-brown to grey thu the years. If I ever get into bad trouble,, I could shave it off and no one who knows me would recognize me.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I haven’t read every post in this thread yet, but I gotta think I’m in the running for the crown. I have shaved ONE TIME since 1975!! That was when our daughter was about two, I walked out of the bathroom and she started crying. Around 1981, didn’t like what I saw and never shaved again. I do shave my neck and beard is always trimmed and no more than an inch.

I’ve said to a few young guys with beards and man buns that I’ve had a beard longer than you’ve been alive, but only if it comes up in the conversation. I don’t feel like I have any chin, so I guess that’s kinda why I started growing a beard. It’s pretty grey and I’m not bald, but might as well be.

LOL Many years ago I had the ZZ Top thing going. Was looking for a new job so thought a haircut and trim would be a good thing. Went in the bathroom, came out with short hair and no beard. Dog growled at me!

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    So. Much. Grey:rolleyes:...

wEmZ3Gal.jpg

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    Well, there’s a few that have me beat!! Our 29 year old son has never seen me without a beard, and our daughter only when she was about two. I’m actually even a little afraid to cut it off cause I don’t even remember what I look like. My wife throws me in a chair and cuts it with the horse trimmers when she can’t handle it any longer, that’s about 1/4 inch when she is done. I’m basically lazy.

Funny which topics take off and which ones kinda die on the vine, you never know......

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I always have a beard, most of the time kept short. I usually stop trimming around the beginning of September, then will trim it back again in April. The longest I've ever gone is around 18 months of not touching it.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    So after two years, this is what I ended up with.

wJb8auH.jpg

So today I trimmed it down to about a 1/2". It was work to keep it up but I didn't mind. The Mrs. really didn't care for it though.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    18months the same age as my kid. My wife makes and sells beard balm which is what I use. I brush it after my shower, put some balm in brush again, and when I wake up I brush again before leaving for work.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I keep mine trimmed don't care for it or my hair to be too long, hair especially looks bad when too long. Had the mustache when I got out of the army in 1971 then the beard in 1983. Had to shave both about five years ago for oral surgery. Doctor said they had to go because of the risk of infection and if I didn't do it he would. So I shaved everything once the day before surgery and started it growing back that day. Jim.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've always been beardless. Did have a moustache from about age 20 to age 42 or so. Shave it off for Halloween one year (clown makeup) and never tried growing it back. It was just one more thing I had to maintain. I haven't missed it.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I've always been beardless. Did have a moustache from about age 20 to age 42 or so. Shave it off for Halloween one year (clown makeup) and never tried growing it back. It was just one more thing I had to maintain. I haven't missed it.

Let me guess. You really don't care for bacon too?

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Resized_20200907_175455.jpg

Best I can muster up since my surgery last year.
    It helps hide the surgical scar.

BTW - I look much better on TV.

Last edited:

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I usually have a full beard but I keep it trimmed for the office. Once I got back to work after the plague lockdown, I have to wear a mask all day at work. The cord from the mask was dragging through the bottom part of the beard making it unkempt. So I left the goatee and cut the rest off. I had an idea about growing out a handlebar moustache, or least at least a decent gunfighter. Between the gray hair and the the mask smashing down, that didn't work out either. I'm growing it back out as soon I can show my face at work again.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    In my 57 years I've rarely had facial hair. There was a short time in 2008 - 2010 I had a goatee. That didn't last. I didn't care for it.

The day my manager called me and instructed me to work from home until further notice, March 15, 2020, I stopped shaving.

So now, I have a modest beard. Mostly white with some patches of red (I'm of Scottish descent, thanks). And I really don't notice it unless I'm in front of a mirror. Strangely, the OG likes it a lot and says it adds to my "you really won't fare well if you try to f**k with me demeanor". Ok, works for me, I'll wear the beard. I don't have it in me to go for the ZZ Top look (I'm a Boomer, all you Millennials will just have to search on it), so it gets trimmed every week or so.

But I will give it to the tanker and marine, those are epic.

P.S. KokomoDave: Looking good man!

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    In my 57 years I've rarely had facial hair. There was a short time in 2008 - 2010 I had a goatee. That didn't last. I didn't care for it.

The day my manager called me and instructed me to work from home until further notice, March 15, 2020, I stopped shaving.

So now, I have a modest beard. Mostly white with some patches of red (I'm of Scottish descent, thanks). And I really don't notice it unless I'm in front of a mirror. Strangely, the OG likes it a lot and says it adds to my "you really won't fare well if you try to f**k with me demeanor". Ok, works for me, I'll wear the beard. I don't have it in me to go for the ZZ Top look (I'm a Boomer, all you Millennials will just have to search on it), so it gets trimmed every week or so.

But I will give it to the tanker and marine, those are epic.

P.S. KokomoDave: Looking good man!

Thanks.... Im waiting for the day it starts to interfere with my job as a railroader. The few times Ive had to use a torch or welder when working the repair track I used a bandana to cover my hair. Eventually I'll have to use a hair tie to tie it up but plan on letting it grow till I catch on fire or my bosses say something. Then I'll trim it.

Top Bottom