• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Should be pretty easy to try him in absentia for treason, convict, and then add him to the same list as Bin Laden. I believe the Constitution even defines some of the rules for this. Knowingly and intentionally providing classified information to the enemy should be pretty easy to prove in this case. The only reason the NYT isn't in the same boat is that they just published the embarrassing stuff.

Yoder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Owen County
    Meanwhile actual legal minds ponder whiter or not anything he has done is illegal.

Those comfortable knowing they'll never be involved in the matter in any way at all continue to thump their chests.

Yoder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Owen County
    Knowingly and intentionally providing classified information to the enemy should be pretty easy to prove in this case.

Really?

Please describe the how you would proceed with the prosecution. Be as detailed as possible and include as many references to case law as you can. I'm really interested.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I don't care enough to look it up myself, but didn't he play a part in releasing some rapist murderer because he said he came to Jesus, then the guy did it again or something similar?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Really?

Please describe the how you would proceed with the prosecution. Be as detailed as possible and include as many references to case law as you can. I'm really interested.

I'm not a lawyer, so no dice. Maybe you should outline his defense?

This is Congress, though. They add folks to the terrorist list pretty easily nowadays. The last few folks convicted of treason in the US were "giving aid to the enemy", so not too hard to imagine.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Assange isn't a US Citizen, therefore he's a spy. So it'd be in Military Court as espionage - Guilty, Bang! :draw:

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Mike Huckabee: WikiLeaks cable whistleblower ‘should be executed' | Metro.co.uk

Good. A politician that understands the core responsibility of government is the protect the US from all enemies, foreign and domestic. His stock just raised a couple points in my book.

OP your title is a bit mis-leading?
    Huckabee wants Assange executed

Maybe I missed it but the article in your link quotes Huckabee using "they" and is referring to the NY Times publishing the info. The article does say that it is the PM of Canada that would want to see Assange killed.

Did I miss read the article?

--update---
    never mind I see that in the article's title they are doing a direct quote of Huckabee but don't expand on that in the article. :faint:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    As if we needed one more reason to dismiss Huckabee as anything but a moving mouth and no brain. Assange and the other journalists aren't guilty of espionage. They didn't steal the documents, they just published them. Maybe someone should execute Mr. Huckabee for releasing a serial rapist loose on the public. He did far more harm in that.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I noticed we haven't done one of those yet. A little premature to call for execution, coming from a guy who thinks he can run the country.
    Not if by execution and "penalty" he means tried, convicted and then executed.

Do you have any reason to believe he doesn't want a trial to be conducted?

I'm for the death penalty of traitors too. If convicted, I say hang him from the closest tree, or give him a firing squad - his choice.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Assange is a P.O.S. but I think blame has been diverted from Manning to him. Assange is not responsible for the leak, and he didn't have any obligation to the U.S. Government that I'm aware of to

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    Mike Huckabee: WikiLeaks cable whistleblower ‘should be executed' | Metro.co.uk

Good. A politician that understands the core responsibility of government is the protect the US from all enemies, foreign and domestic. His stock just raised a couple points in my book.

And I was going to vote for him,,, He was my guy last time--too bad...this is more neocon hate nonsense...

Time for the adults to take over and let everyone know that Assange is an embarrasssment to career government scum,,,but not much of a threat to America...

Assange even does us favors by exposing what our government is wasting time on!!

Top Bottom