• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    A predator drone can't the care of this problem unless you mean specifically Assange himself, which wouldn't unpublished the document nor prevent any others from being published.

Yes it would.

Had Assange been immediately introduced to a hellfire missile after he published the first set of thousands of classified war documents, the second & third releases wouldn't have happened.

It is also doubtful that any others would be dumb enough to risk the same fate, after that sort of "what happens when" example was made out of Assange.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    FTFY

I didn't realize I was screaming. I'll use my quite voice.

The fact that academics and debate clubs are engaged in rhetorical contemplation doesn't impress me. Either group rarely acts except when prominent members are appointed to blu ribbon Presidential commissions.

Calling Assange a journalist is Libtarded. Making him out to be a hero is Libtarded. He has engaged in espionage to amass a large cache of classified information in an attempt to harm the United States of America and the people thereof. He is a danger to this nation and should be treated as such. It's reported that intelligence services know where he is. I don't know if that's true because I was never a civilian contractor to the State Department or any other agency or department of the US, other than the Men's Department as implied by my screen name.

If you had more than two brain cells to rub together you'd realize the problem isn't Assange. The problem is the people providing him with the information. If he disappears they'll just send that information to someone else.

Going after Assange is about as stupid as building a leaking dyke higher. Sure it's higher but it still leaks.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    You're all about the Constitution until it's inconvenient?

The laws protecting the United States of America from the unauthorized and harmful disclosure of state secrets fall well within the Constitutional authority of the government of the United States to execute. These laws have been passed by the people's representatives in both houses by a recorded vote of the yeas and nays, enacted into law by the President affixing his signature to the bill threrto, and has been on numerous times interpreted by SCOTUS to fall within the boudaries allowed by the Constitution. The President acting within his role of Commander in Chief is authorized by the Constitution to take such action(s) as are necessary against any enemy who threaten the security of the United States.

I'm all about the Constitution. Even when I don't like it and it doesn't suit me.

I'll take the US legal scholars over your interpretation. An organisation was sent the info, not an individual. Assange is just the face of Wikileaks and scholars are pretty sure that the Espionage Act, (which is what Holder has mentioned using to go after him) will not apply. They didn't prosecute Ellsberg for the Pentagon Papers, so I'm pretty sure that Assange gets a pass, too. There was just as much belly aching then by the usual suspects.

Then we disagree. That's all. Why is that such a big deal to you? Because I won't bow and say "oh, you're right" or bring up a bunch of irrelevent BS or try to introduce a red herring by tying it to gun owner rights thereby also invoking an appeal to emotion.

My education leads me to a conclusion. I'm not backing off that no matter how you attempt to denegrate me.

Why don't you spell like an American?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Yes it would.

Had Assange been immediately introduced to a hellfire missile after he published the first set of thousands of classified war documents, the second & third releases wouldn't have happened.

It is also doubtful that any others would be dumb enough to risk the same fate, after that sort of "what happens when" example was made out of Assange.
    Fortunately, we're not quite a thugocracy. We have laws and don't expect the government to just go around murdering people. Shame there are so many who don't realise that.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Fortunately, we're not quite a thugocracy. We have laws and don't expect the government to just go around murdering people. Shame there are so many who don't realise that.

Killing "enemy combatants" is not the same as murder.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    The laws protecting the United States of America from the unauthorized and harmful disclosure of state secrets fall well within the Constitutional authority of the government of the United States to execute. These laws have been passed by the people's representatives in both houses by a recorded vote of the yeas and nays, enacted into law by the President affixing his signature to the bill threrto, and has been on numerous times interpreted by SCOTUS to fall within the boudaries allowed by the Constitution. The President acting within his role of Commander in Chief is authorized by the Constitution to take such action(s) as are necessary against any enemy who threaten the security of the United States.

I'm all about the Constitution. Even when I don't like it and it doesn't suit me.

Then we disagree. That's all. Why is that such a big deal to you? Because I won't bow and say "oh, you're right" or bring up a bunch of irrelevent BS or try to introduce a red herring by tying it to gun owner rights thereby also invoking an appeal to emotion.

My education leads me to a conclusion. I'm not backing off that no matter how you attempt to denegrate me.

Why don't you learn to spell?

Under the Constitution everyone is innocent until proven guilty. Simply assassinating somebody who has not broken any laws in the US is about as unConstitutional as it gets. Could even be deemed an act of war by the country where the assassination occurs.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    Yes it would.

The man lives in Europe... You actually think we should be deploying hellfires and predator drones over western Europe???? Seriously???

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Why don't you learn to spell?

Under the Constitution everyone is innocent until proven guilty. Simply assassinating somebody who has not broken any laws in the US is about as unConstitutional as it gets. Could even be deemed an act of war by the country where the assassination occurs.

Law school. Go there. Take Yoder with you. Then we can talk intelligently.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    We're such a damn nation of whiny sissys. Mossad manages to handle their business in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, wherever. Let's just hope he turns himself in and discuss the merits of the BS legalities afforded to non-citizens.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    The man lives in Europe... You actually think we should be deploying hellfires and predator drones over western Europe???? Seriously???

If the host nation in question refused to prevent hundreds of thousands of classified war documents from being released? yea I'd have no problem ordering an assassination or even a predator strike if I was POTUS.

Yoder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Owen County
    Yes it would.

No, because there are other people in the Wikileak's organization capable of placing documents on their web site. As well as other web sites capable of publishing them especially now that doing so is a guaranteed publicity win.

And I'm dubious of your assertion that there would be preventive effects as there is a lot of contemporary evidence to the contrary.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    No, because there are other people in the Wikileak's organization capable of placing documents on their web site. As well as other web sites capable of publishing them especially now that doing so is a guaranteed publicity win.

And I'm dubious of your assertion that there would be preventive effects as there is a lot of contemporary evidence to the contrary.

*shrug* it ain't like we are going to run out of hellfire missiles ...

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    If the host nation in question refused to prevent hundreds of thousands of classified war documents from being released? yea I'd have no problem ordering an assassination or even a predator strike if I was POTUS.

Each and every murder would be considered an act of war. Any other bright ideas?

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    So if wikileaks first releases the info to the news media's which he has been doing lately, and the news medias run with it using some of the info shouldn't they executed too.

This whole thing doesn't smell right, a pvt having access to all that info come on. Wikileaks releasing to news media's first. This guy runs a website but nobody can find him. Sounds more like Assange is on a CIA/Pentigon/FBI payroll. The news media is running constant stories of bad guy, kill him, shut down the internet.

First I would like to know what is in these so called leaks, then I would like to know who has been killed because of these leeks. Then I would like to know if anyone because of these leaks has or will be held acountible for whats in the actual leaks.

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So if wikileaks first releases the info to the news media's which he has been doing lately, and the news medias run with it using some of the info shouldn't they executed too.

This whole thing doesn't smell right, a pvt having access to all that info come on. Wikileaks releasing to news media's first. This guy runs a website but nobody can find him. Sounds more like Assange is on a CIA/Pentigon/FBI payroll. The news media is running constant stories of bad guy, kill him, shut down the internet.

First I would like to know what is in these so called leaks, then I would like to know who has been killed because of these leeks. Then I would like to know if anyone because of these leaks has or will be held acountible for whats in the actual leaks.
    Here, search to your hearts content. It's pretty easy and some of the cables are really interesting.
    Cable Viewer

As for his being on the .gov payroll, I doubt that.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    It is very fishy that this is going on during a time when internet regulations are tightening like crazy. Seems like the excuse they would need to ratchet things down quite a bit in the name of "national defense."

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto

Both Assange and those supplying the information are the problems. Both could be tried and executed (and should be.)

As far as legal scholars...are you knew here? It is legal scholars who have been the downfall of the American way of life. They reinterpret everything to fit their agendas, rewrite history and then tell us why the Founding Fathers never really meant what they said, wrote, publicly taught and acted upon.

Then they tell us why they are so smart and why the Founding Fathers and the rest of us are babbling idiots.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto

Actually yous statement is incorrect. The Israeli Army showed that it has an effect. When the Hammas Leadership was being killed off they started hiding and were afraid to show themselves openly, lead openly or even admit they were leading.

Top Bottom