• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Xterminator

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 11, 2018
    Terre Haute
    I friend of mine bought first one around our area & paid over 1200. It's a nice gun, feels good n hand. Sights and trigger are different but for that price I would've got a CZ shadow. He like it very much, says it shoots flat. Bad news is he can't find holster .

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I friend of mine bought first one around our area & paid over 1200. It's a nice gun, feels good n hand. Sights and trigger are different but for that price I would've got a CZ shadow. He like it very much, says it shoots flat. Bad news is he can't find holster .

And that can't find a holster will continue to be the case. Custom made kydex will likely be the route he'll have to go. The Hudson looks interesting, but there is no way I'd pay that price for it. There is a ton of other stuff on my want list that I'd put that money into.

Litebow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Near Avon
    DSG Arms makes a holster call the Alpha for the Hudson. Both are Kydex, and they have an IWB and OWB model. There is a review for the gun and holster in the March issue of Guns and Ammo. By Sweeny.

DasOmen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2018
    Avon
    My buddy just picked up the Hudson H9. I got a Shadow 2 two weeks prior. I like the way the Hudson feels in the hand, but IMO the Hudson doesn't hold a candle to the Shadow.

TheHatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2018
    Avon
    I have one. Holsters are plentiful and available from several manufacturers including DeSantis and AMS. KE arms makes +2 base plates, S&W M&P 9 sights fit it. KE arms will cut the slide for a Leopold RMR. If you don't want to cut the slide the sign Romeo 1 will fit with their universal pistol mounting bracket. Mags are inexpensive as well at $34.99.

TheHatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2018
    Avon
    Also to DasOmen, your assessment is flawed at a basic level. The H9 was developed as a new age combat weapon with cues from the M&P as well as the 1911 weapon systems. The CZ Shadow 2 is a competition pistol. To try to compare the two would be like comparing a Shelby Cobra Mustang to an F1 racer. Only one of those is good on and off the track same goes for the Hudson H9, combat carry oriented in a package suitable for competition as well.

TheHatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2018
    Avon
    DrillSgt, the H9A should be out soon I am in contact with Cy through Facebook and their really trying to knock down cost and weight with it. Aluminum frame and FO sights for a better comfort in carrying. They want the cost to go down so they are more affordable but that only happens when people buy the current ones or development stops from lack of sales. He eventually wants to have a polymer frame as well as compact versions.

TheHatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2018
    Avon
    If anyone has any doubts about the H9 so far you can rest assured that it's made by shooters for shooters right here in the USA in Texas which is more than can be said about a lot of other guns anymore. American steel and engineering is well worth the price.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    If anyone has any doubts about the H9 so far you can rest assured that it's made by shooters for shooters right here in the USA in Texas which is more than can be said about a lot of other guns anymore. American steel and engineering is well worth the price.

I've shot a buddies, they do shoot well.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    There is a lot of talk going around about Hudson being in dire straits. Perhaps they have just pushed the flush handle.

Yep, I'm figuring they are trying to free up liquidity to keep afloat or about to go under with this much of a price drop.

Update Bankruptcy filing Confirmed: https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/03/18/hudson-manufacturing-files-for-bankruptcy/

https://h9owners.com/

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/01/23/hudson-manufacturing-shot-no-show/

Last edited:

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I was just about to post about the H9. Wanted one since they came out. Now that the prices are right but the company is belly up, should I still buy one? Future collector is item?

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I was just about to post about the H9. Wanted one since they came out. Now that the prices are right but the company is belly up, should I still buy one? Future collector is item?
    You should buy two and have one for spare parts.

Top Bottom