• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    Yep, I'm figuring they are trying to free up liquidity to keep afloat or about to go under with this much of a price drop.

Update Bankruptcy filing Confirmed: https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/03/18/hudson-manufacturing-files-for-bankruptcy/

https://h9owners.com/

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/01/23/hudson-manufacturing-shot-no-show/

for that price I think I'll get one. I had a feeling that they might get into trouble. Hard for a new gun company to start up in the "anti" gun world we live in now. Didn't help that it wasn't cheap either.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Sprung for it. At $599 I can't loose too bad. I'll probably put 200 rounds through it and stash it away in the safe.

Might want to order up a bunch of mags. Gun without mags = car without gas. (Unless the H9 is compatible with some other mags out there. Not sure as I haven't really researched these guns.)

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    Might want to order up a bunch of mags. Gun without mags = car without gas. (Unless the H9 is compatible with some other mags out there. Not sure as I haven't really researched these guns.)

I did get a couple mags. Probably something I wont shoot much, more of a novelty item to me. But you are correct a car is no good without fuel.

Know my way around the Tool room/machine shop pretty well, hopefully its some basic fitment stuff going on. We'll encounter tolerance stacking issues in the shop from time to time too. Kind of the nature of manufacturing. Especially with new products and tooling.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I found 2 of the 15 round mags for about $30 each. Grabbed up 2 of them. I just hope the H9 I get shoots without any major issues. Not planning to put more than a couple hundred rounds through it before it goes to the back of the safe.

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    Interested to hear what you boys think when you get them... an interesting piece of modern firearm history.

from the H9 owners website they were saying only 8-9000 were produced. Not sure how true that is but believable from a small company that was around 1-2 years.

I'm always drawn to the rare and unique firearms. 20-30 years from now be neat to look back on for me anyways.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Did anybody end up grabbing one at $599?

I did. Even got a nice surprise when the gun showed up w/ three magazines. The listing said one magazine so I went out and bought two extras before the gun arrived. Now I have five. Anyone need two H9 mags :)

Also...had Zach at ZR Tactical Solutions give it a once over looking for tolerance stacking issues before I took possession of it. He said all was well. Took it to the range and put 50 rounds through it yesterday with zero issues.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I did. Even got a nice surprise when the gun showed up w/ three magazines. The listing said one magazine so I went out and bought two extras before the gun arrived. Now I have five. Anyone need two H9 mags :)

Also...had Zach at ZR Tactical Solutions give it a once over looking for tolerance stacking issues before I took possession of it. He said all was well. Took it to the range and put 50 rounds through it yesterday with zero issues.

Glad you got one that works, and with some additional mags.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    And? Did you love it?

I definitely dig the gun. The low bore axis and the heft of the gun make it very low recoil. The trigger breaks crisply and at probably around 5lbs. The trigger seems a bit flimsy compared to the rest of the gun, but it shoots fine. Nice sights too.

I’ll only only ever put >500 rounds through it and it will live in the safe in case there is ever a collectors demand.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Top Bottom