• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    It was North Lake Shore Drive so these particular FIP's probably live in Evanston, Skokie, etc and should have known better. I feel no empathy for their stupidity. It is going to happen every time, everywhere in the world when there are natural disasters, catastrophies, or severe weather events.

What's even more funny about their stupidity is that this was forewarned for days that this blizzard was on it's way.

You would think so. However, look at the people who go into full panic mode on December 24 because someone just then told them that Christmas was coming soon.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    When the GOV"T. tells it's workers to have a GHB and tells everyone to have preps at home, and they still don't listen, you have to wonder. Of course, hundreds of people is not a lot for the CHicagoland area. You could round up 1000 meth heads out of various trailer parks in Cook county alone who probably didn't know it was winter....

Good one. Thanks for the laugh. This is the best comment I have read in this thread.

Terry

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    THEY ARE :sheep:! THEY WILL NEVER BE PREPARED! THIS OCCURRED IN THE MECHA OF SHEEPLAND! In the backyard of THE GREAT ONE! We all know that. The point of the post is not to talk about the :sheep:. THEY WILL NEVER LEARN! It was to find out what are good things to have in the car, exchange ideas, tips on the subject since I imagine most here have some type of stuff in their cars or carry on them every day.

Why over the past month or so has INGO been so focuses on the sheep? :dunno:

no sir i am not focused on the sheep. i was simply pointing out when you said a accident caused the back up that it didn't matter what caused it everyone had full warning that a freaking blizzard of a ice storm was coming and even the sheeple should have been semi prepared with a full tank of gas and what not. either way believe me i couldn't care less about the sheeple i fully believe people get what they deserve in life.

as for what should be in a car is a wool blanket, some water (w/ some vodka in to keep it from freezing :) ) some food also something that doesn't freeze) some extra wool socks, a set of good winter boots, a flash light, and the list can go on and on but hopefully thats packed in a bag of some sort you can grab and go if you have to in a situation like above.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    My best friend sent me an email picture last night (us both being South Suburban Chicagoans of old) of one of those vehicles on Lake Shore Drive, with the driver's door open and the car full of snow. Ya gotta wonder what the driver was thinking at the time...

I came home the other night and my mailbox door was open; the mailbox half-filled with snow. Since I know the mailbox door was mostly-closed when I left (it sticks since I last painted it, and if we shut it completely, my wife can't get it open), I have a little more sympathy for this guy and his car...

Top Bottom