• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    I'd like to thank Matt at Front Toward Enemy Firearms for setting up the testing, and Bill from NFATalk for sitting for about 5 hours while we metered suppressors yesterday. There were a couple other INGO members there for short bursts, and it was nice to put names and faces together.

What did we learn? Matt is an awesome host, cooks a great sandwich, and his daughter is a swashbuckling protector of the innocent. Bill really knows his stuff when it comes to all things engineering. And that the Sparrow costs about $100 pe dB reduced over the cost of the Guardian. Yep, head to head the Sparrow metered 3 dB quieter than the Guardian, and costs $300 more. Simple math. We'll give up the 3 dB. You keep the $300 change.

The B metered incredibly. At just 3.75 inches long, it didn't win the quietest can of the day award. But it was impressive. While waiting for Bill to crunch and release the numbers, it's safe to say it metered competitively to the Yankee Hill Mite. At over 1.5 inches shorter, that's a pretty tall (or short, as it were) order.

Same with our Guardian 9 prototype. It metered well within hearing safe range dry, and when wet was quieter than the Yankee Hill Cobra 9. When you consider that it's still a prototype, is 6 inches long, weights 4 ounces, fits under your current sights at a diameter of 1.085 inches, and can play hide and seek INSIDE the Cobra Tube, I think that's a pretty good accomplishment.

Again, thanks to Matt and Bill.
    Good times were had by all! It was nice meeting you, and my chrono didn't get shot, so it was a good day all around. :)

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    IMG_2456.jpg
    IMG_2450.jpg
    IMG_2465.jpg

IMG_2463.jpg

I had to pose with "the operator" for a quick picture!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Why don't they just figure the cost of paperwork into their price... since paperwork is part of the job?!?!? Except that they want to advertise a really good price and then nick you on the added fees when you walk in the door. Poor, IMO!

Obviously I did not make myself clear.

I meant to state that the suppressors in question are $170, plus the Federal Tax Stamp.

I said "paper-work", but I meant "tax- stamp".

EXCUSE me! :dunno:

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Yep. It's announced. We're working out the details (sourcing barrels, etc) now and will have an idea in the next week or so as to a release date.

Sick quiet. Was in the low to mid teens when we metered it. Will be a fantastic bargin at a sub $400 MSRP.

As far as the GSG5, we've got some ideas that will make it a single-stamp rifle. Need to get about 10 other things off our plate first.

I would be more than happy to volunteer my gsg5 when you are ready for development work...for a gentlemens agreement when the product comes out. I live in Roanoke and travel through Huntertown often.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    Obviously I did not make myself clear.

I meant to state that the suppressors in question are $170, plus the Federal Tax Stamp.

I said "paper-work", but I meant "tax- stamp".

EXCUSE me! :dunno:

Thanks for clearing that up, I was wondering who the heck would be doing that.

SixSigmaLarry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   1
    Jan 3, 2010
    NE Indiana
    Maybe this information is on a different thread, but I was curious if the metering results were available. I see that this thread starts off with explaining a 3dB difference from the Guardian and another brand, but I never saw the overall dB results. Also, I was curious how the B's metering results turned out.

I see various types of suppressors on your site. I have no doubt from the videos I have seen that they are excellent in quality and sound suppression; however, it would be nice to see some data to compare the models. This would greatly help me with my decision (i.e., which model to get).

Thanks!

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Did the numbers get posted? Did I surf right past them? I have folks asking me what the official numbers are... so I figured I would pop in here. :)

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    Maybe this information is on a different thread, but I was curious if the metering results were available. I see that this thread starts off with explaining a 3dB difference from the Guardian and another brand, but I never saw the overall dB results. Also, I was curious how the B's metering results turned out.

I see various types of suppressors on your site. I have no doubt from the videos I have seen that they are excellent in quality and sound suppression; however, it would be nice to see some data to compare the models. This would greatly help me with my decision (i.e., which model to get).

Thanks!

Basically the 3 decibels came from us shooting the same gun, don't recall if it was a pac-lite Mark II, GSG 1911, or a P22 Walther with our SS 22Sparrow by silencerco. We weren't out to test the Sparrow but Steve wanted to know how the Guardian compared to one of the top dogs out there. Being the same weather, same host weapon, and same ammo lot (CCI Subs) it would be a quick way to see. 3db difference is hard to tell with the human ear. If you look on our Facebook page I have a video of the Guardian side by side with 2 very good suppressors the Sparrow and I can recall the 3rd. The Guardian sounded as good or better depending on who was listening.

Saying all that, the results will be up soon on NFAtalk.org for free soon. They put together charts, graphs, averages, and such....more than just tossing some #'s up. The best is to hear them in person to judge for yourself, but with an MSRP @ $199 I haven't heard a can that good sooo cheap and user friendly. I know we have a demo Guardian, and other brands to hear side by side as do other dealers on this forum. So your best bet is to find the closest one and give them a shout.

Top Bottom