• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I have been to TX/OK and hunted hogs, much harder then I thought it would be as the brush is so thick and as soon as you hit them with light they take off, not to mention light washes out your optic.

Good moonlight and binoculars are the key, they are in packs so you can plan on at least a half mag dump when you light them up.

10mmMarc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 16, 2015
    Greenwood
    There are some feral hogs near bedford , down by the river I have heard property owners talk about them being destructive , I got an invite to go hunting but work schedule just won't allow the time.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    There was some guy who didn't pay his taxes. Right before the Sheriff's auction he turned a bunch of Russian Boar loose. Can't remember if it was Jackson or Lawrence County, but they are definitely in the Sparksville/Fort Ritner area. They got across White River one year during a drought, that's how they are in Washington County.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Anyone have updates on the hogs in southern Indiana? Has it become hog armageddon as predicted?

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    The DNR killed 32 hogs on a farm adjacent to mine last year. They asked for permission to set up traps and hunt on my property, but I wouldn’t let them.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Anyone have updates on the hogs in southern Indiana? Has it become hog armageddon as predicted?

I've heard of a few here and there, mostly in the area mentioned above and then over in Warrick and Spencer Cos in the old strip pits. Bears, mountain lions, I've got no problem with them, but hogs, terminate with extreme prejudice.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Can I ask why you would not let them harvest the hogs?
    And what county are you in please?

I’m in Lawrence county. I don’t want the DNR tromping all over my property - they might find some nearly extinct spotted toad and want to take over management. Besides, as for hog killing here, it will be by myself and my friends. I have a nice skull one of them took off of my farm a few years ago.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I’m in Lawrence county. I don’t want the DNR tromping all over my property - they might find some nearly extinct spotted toad and want to take over management. Besides, as for hog killing here, it will be by myself and my friends. I have a nice skull one of them took off of my farm a few years ago.

Thats fair.. Thanks

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County

Hi Friend!

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    They are gone, I didn't think they could do it but I'll eat crow. Im sure there are a few left in some small remnants. I've hunted those bastards since 96, kinda miss them. My farm was in the heart of the hog frenzy.

I can still find their tusk nicks in poplar trees and show my 8 yr old what they are ..He asks all the time to go hunt them. Gotta tell him no.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Never did see any sign of them in my part of the GSF, Maybe the chupacabra eats them.;)

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Between hunting pressure and no new importation....rhe pig bomb fizzled.

Think a lot of rednecks tried to establish populations to start a hog hound business and law changes/ enforcement put a stop to the game

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Between hunting pressure and no new importation....rhe pig bomb fizzled.

Think a lot of rednecks tried to establish populations to start a hog hound business and law changes/ enforcement put a stop to the game

I saw your dad over the weekend, had some good conversation with that leatherneck he was sitting with.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    I paid the 5 bucks to talk to another jarhead, the icing was busting your dads balls about his lack of hole fingers....
    qIsu5Cu.jpg

ETA, when I first read the quoted post, I thought it was"finger holes."

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I have not been in IN yet, though there are signs that they are around the area we hunt.

I have been down in TX and OK for them.... just got back from a trip recently.

Like most outdoor and hunting activities.... it can be a good time!

Make sure you take enough gun unless you like tracking alot.

Top Bottom