• ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I fall somewhere in the middle with simple programmables to allow for small setbacks as necessary.

Though both my datacenter and church systems with cloud controls are nice. being able to remotely tweak the stats when the static schedule doesnt match the dynamic event schedule is nice. (and being able to lock the physical stat so nobody goes wild with the settings, burning money to condition an empty space. )

I've locked them before and found them unlocked. I would guess if you take the batteries out, it resets.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I fixed a lot of furnaces when I was the lead maintenance tech at a plant. I even went to school for it, was universal certified and electrical certified. After switching sports, I haven't given it another thought. And I didn't have dummy lights.

not sure what switching teams has to do with HVAC, but whatever floats your boat. :gheyhi:

;)

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Just an update on my daughter and sil's ordeal. The company who overcharged the unit got with my daughter this morning, Trane has approved a new unit but will only release it to an authorized Trane dealer. The company who overcharged it refuses to pay the labor and wants to charge $2400 or $2700....I don't remember which it was to install it. I find this pathetic and advised my daughter to tell them they either get the unit and install at no charge or they will find a Trane authorized person to pay to diagnose it and write statement and repair it correctly, then just sue the company who overcharged in small claims court.

Does this sound like the only solution?

So to CM or CP or any of you other HVAC guys......what is a reasonable cost for labor to install a new heat pump? The heat pump is like no more than 10 feet away from furnace? Does $2700 sound a bit much? Any of you guys Trane authorized to get this unit and install it properly?

Thanks guys. And on top of everything else, my sil went in to work last night and worked 12 hours, then this morning they terminated his employment. When it rains it pours......

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Just an update on my daughter and sil's ordeal. The company who overcharged the unit got with my daughter this morning, Trane has approved a new unit but will only release it to an authorized Trane dealer. The company who overcharged it refuses to pay the labor and wants to charge $2400 or $2700....I don't remember which it was to install it. I find this pathetic and advised my daughter to tell them they either get the unit and install at no charge or they will find a Trane authorized person to pay to diagnose it and write statement and repair it correctly, then just sue the company who overcharged in small claims court.

So to CM or CP or any of you other HVAC guys......what is a reasonable cost for labor to install a new heat pump? The heat pump is like no more than 10 feet away from furnace? Does $2700 sound a bit much? Any of you guys Trane authorized to get this unit and install it properly?

Thanks guys. And on top of everything else, my sil went in to work last night and worked 12 hours, then this morning they terminated his employment. When it rains it pours......

$2400 doesn’t sound bad for a company doing it. Someone like me or Churchmouse doing it on the side it would probably be $1,500-$1,800 depending on the size and whatnot. Don’t want to be a Debbie downer but good luck getting a different company to fix someone else’s mistake for free, if that’s what you were implying.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    $2400 doesn’t sound bad for a company doing it. Someone like me or Churchmouse doing it on the side it would probably be $1,500-$1,800 depending on the size and whatnot. Don’t want to be a Debbie downer but good luck getting a different company to fix someone else’s mistake for free, if that’s what you were implying.

Yup. For my buddy CHR is would be around $1500.
    Company's have enormous over head and they are profit driven. Fed. Regulations and such only add to this overhead.
    To put a fully stocked/licensed/insured/service tech manned unit on the street is more expensive than folks realize.

Thing is, this group of dim bulbs broke you unit. This should be on them I total. This is what we face calling on a Company to respond. They do not always have top shelf people in the seats of these trucks. We called them warm bodys with dim brains. Finding good people with the proper credentials is getting harder and harder.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County

Yes sir. I didn't mean to imply at no charge. I know my daughter will have to pay another company labor to install the unit. She will then sue the original company for the labor costs, but yes we understand it will cost us money to have a company install the new unit. Are you a Trane dealer or can you get the Trane unit that Trane has authorized to provide at no charge? Just obviously, we would rather pay someone who does it correctly as opposed to pay the people who messed it up to start with.

Yup. For my buddy CHR is would be around $1500.
    Company's have enormous over head and they are profit driven. Fed. Regulations and such only add to this overhead.
    To put a fully stocked/licensed/insured/service tech manned unit on the street is more expensive than folks realize.

Thing is, this group of dim bulbs broke you unit. This should be on them I total. This is what we face calling on a Company to respond. They do not always have top shelf people in the seats of these trucks. We called them warm bodys with dim brains. Finding good people with the proper credentials is getting harder and harder.

It was CC out of Greenwood who overcharged the unit. CM, can you get the new unit Trane authorized for replacement? It is my understanding that Trane has authorized the replacement heat pump, but no labor obviously. My concern is how hard is it going to be to get another dealer to pick up this unit for install. Thank you guys very much for your advice.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes sir. I didn't mean to imply at no charge. I know my daughter will have to pay another company labor to install the unit. She will then sue the original company for the labor costs, but yes we understand it will cost us money to have a company install the new unit. Are you a Trane dealer or can you get the Trane unit that Trane has authorized to provide at no charge? Just obviously, we would rather pay someone who does it correctly as opposed to pay the people who messed it up to start with.

It was CC out of Greenwood who overcharged the unit. CM, can you get the new unit Trane authorized for replacement? It is my understanding that Trane has authorized the replacement heat pump, but no labor obviously. My concern is how hard is it going to be to get another dealer to pick up this unit for install. Thank you guys very much for your advice.

I can not as I am not affiliated with Trane and do not pay their idiotic Dealer fees to play in that sand box.

This whole thing sucks my friend and is a good example of how :bs: some warranty's are in reality.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis

To be honest, if you want the job done right (and you do) you probably want to go find another contractor and then attempt to recover costs from the first company. Making your SIL whole is a loosing proposition for the first company. They'll want to plop down the condenser, plug everything up, ensure it fires up, and then run away before you can notice that anything is wrong. You want a responsible contractor that will do the job right and set the system up for years of trouble free service. The quality of the install is directly connected to the performance and longevity of the system.

Top Bottom