• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What is the meaning of "is?"

Ok, you can nit the words "report to." Just like I don't report to the CEO of my company. Got it. Still not appropriate, IMO.

My "meh" approach to Trump is similar to my "meh" approach to JFK and Monroe. Potentially using your power/influence on a college intern on your staff is different than using it on a Hollywood starlet, IMO.

2c

-rvb

There's no nitting... or at least that was not my intent. I was of the belief that the noteworthy difference, you were trying to convey, was the the "reports," part. Meaning that the intern freely exposed the relationship. Were you not trying to make that point?

As far as using one's power on college intern vs using it on a Hollywood starlet.... I can understand the power dynamic you're implying. So ok, we will agree.... Trump is less like Clinton, and more like Harvey Weinstein. Acceptable comparison, right? :dunno:

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I could care less what Trump did before he got in office. Anyone that thinks a nice portion of Washington isn't bonking outside of wedlock is insanely naive. Power is a heady thing, the more you get the more intense temptation becomes.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    There's no nitting... or at least that was not my intent. I was of the belief that the noteworthy difference, you were trying to convey, was the the "reports," part. Meaning that the intern freely exposed the relationship. Were you not trying to make that point?

As far as using one's power on college intern vs using it on a Hollywood starlet.... I can understand the power dynamic you're implying. So ok, we will agree.... Trump is less like Clinton, and more like Harvey Weinstein. Acceptable comparison, right? :dunno:

no, I meant "reports to" as in chain-o-command... ability to make or ruin their career.
    In that regard, Trump more analogous to JFK. Clinton to Weinstein.

-rvb

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    no, I meant "reports to" as in chain-o-command... ability to get make or ruin their career.
    In that regard, Trump more analogous to JFK. Clinton to Weinstein.

-rvb

Wait, you just said Trump used his power on Hollywood starlets.... Isn't that exactly what Weinstein did? And of course, we all know of JFK's exploits while in office (I hope #mimialford). I'm missing how you could reasonably make the: Trump = JFK .... while Clinton = Weinstein. That doesn't reconcile.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Did anybody vote for Trump or Hillary because they admired their ethics?

I voted for Trump for one reason, and one reason only. I was sure what kind of leftist ****tard Hillary Clinton would have put on the Supreme Court. At least with Trump, there was a chance that he would actually do what he said he was going to do and appoint someone who respects the Constitution.

Mission accomplished.
    They can impeach Trump after Ginsburg goes for her dirt nap.

Then we'll see how they like President Pence. :):

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Out of curiosity, did you vote for Trump in the primary? :)

In the general election, your logic for voting for Trump is the most defensible. :)

I can't speak for Route, but i did not vote for Trump in the primary even though by the time of our primary, it was pretty much over. I actually voted for the polar opposite of Trump in the personal morality department...who had already dropped out, but was still on the ballot.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Out of curiosity, did you vote for Trump in the primary? :)

In the general election, your logic for voting for Trump is the most defensible. :)

Yes I did. By the time it rolled around to Indiana, it was either Trump or Cruz. In my estimation, Trump had the best chance of beating Hillary.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I can't speak for Route, but i did not vote for Trump in the primary even though by the time of our primary, it was pretty much over. I actually voted for the polar opposite of Trump in the personal morality department...who had already dropped out, but was still on the ballot.

Please. Not Santorum. No?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yes I did. By the time it rolled around to Indiana, it was either Trump or Cruz. In my estimation, Trump had the best chance of beating Hillary.

But - to pick up on Hough's point - you did not vote for him "only because of the SCOTUS pick" (paraphrasing). I apologize if this comes across as overly confrontational, but you had the opportunity to vote your conscience, if you felt that Trump did not represent your views on other issues.

My primary vote didn't matter, so I didn't waste it on a candidate that I found morally repulsive.

If you voted for him in the Indiana primary, you did so with an abundance of other options.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Did he run in 2016?

Ben Carson.

Whew. I can't remember if he was on the ballot in Indiana or not, but he was in the early debates.

Full disclosure: I truly can't remember who I voted for in the primary. It wasn't Trump. And it wasn't Santorum. It might've been Jeb! or Carson (the latter for non-political reasons).

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    But - to pick up on Hough's point - you did not vote for him "only because of the SCOTUS pick" (paraphrasing). I apologize if this comes across as overly confrontational, but you had the opportunity to vote your conscience, if you felt that Trump did not represent your views on other issues.

My primary vote didn't matter, so I didn't waste it on a candidate that I found morally repulsive.

If you voted for him in the Indiana primary, you did so with an abundance of other options.

I'm not so selfish as to think that "voting my conscience" is anything other than taking a leak in a dark suit. It may give you a warm feeling, but no one else is likely to notice.
    The choice in Indiana was Trump or Cruz, and I voted accordingly.

Politics is a dirty, slimy business. And unfortunately, the ends do sometimes justify the means in this arena.

I would have voted for Cruz over Hillary, but to tell you the truth, strident Bible thumpers aren't exactly my cup of tea, either. But at least I know what Cruz would have done as far as Supreme Court appointments.

Top Bottom