• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    No, but i still want one of those noisy rascals.

I asked Doug Keisler if he had seen a good one. He said he had seen many of them but never a good one, they had all been made in/for Egypt...

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I admit, for starters I was one of those "least of two evils" thinking people. But now, this far in, I ask myself: who else could endure the constant barrage of BS tossed his way daily?

Do the demo's realize that they have pushed an unwilling person as myself from "holding his nose toleration" to "chuckling respect" to a virtual "kick that commies butt admiration"?

If the right had tried half that crap when Obama was elected that the left actually did when Trump took office we would still have tanks and national guard patrolling the streets.

Yet, every morning Trump gets up, smiles and acts like it is all gravy which drives his adversaries out of their freaking minds.

So I play along waiting for the lefties to stroke out and be relegated to merely devising plans to take over control of their nursing homes...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No, but i still want one of those noisy rascals.

I asked Doug Keisler if he had seen a good one. He said he had seen many of them but never a good one, they had all been made in/for Egypt...

They were made with Swedish tooling. I have seen a couple that I might have bought if I wasn't looking for something else at the time. The wide variation in quality reminded me of some of the Ishapore 7.62s I've seen over the years. I wish I had bought a nice one when there were many to choose from

I think Trump did get rid of some of the BKO inspired restrictions on import/re-import. I wouldn't mind if some peeps in Australia or NZ offered some nice collector pieces for sale over here rather than letting them be destroyed

Heck, when they get their government problems straightened out, we might even sell some back to them

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I also would like a nice Gewehr 98 but not holding my breath. Not active in the collector space much anymore, down to only the eight Mausers I'm keeping - but got room in the safe for one more

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I also would like a nice Gewehr 98 but not holding my breath. Not active in the collector space much anymore, down to only the eight Mausers I'm keeping - but got room in the safe for one more

Empire Arms had one today, but it's sold already...

https://www.empirearms.com/1296b.jpg

1296b.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    :wallbash: What did it sell for?

$850 I think... maybe $825. You know, you can get on their list and they will actively keep an eye out for whatever you're looking for. They're not the cheapest, but not outrageous (Can probably do a little better on Gunbroker), but it's a nice service they offer. I think I got mine off Gunbroker a little over 3 years ago, but I don't remember what I paid for it. Probably in the 600's (I'm kind of a cheap bastard. :):). I like the roller coaster sights better than the ones that were converted in 1920 to the more standard sights. I also got an after-market 20 round trench mag for it. Mine's an S.G. Haenel Suhl 1916.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Very nice. All the Mausers I kept are full length barrel (29.2" I think) except for one swede short rifle. I like the WWI pre-WWI gewehrs best. As I said, I haven't really kept a toe in the Mauser collector market. Have been buying relatively modern stuff some of it collector.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Very nice. All the Mausers I kept are full length barrel (29.2" I think) except for one swede short rifle. I like the WWI pre-WWI gewehrs best. As I said, I haven't really kept a toe in the Mauser collector market. Have been buying relatively modern stuff some of it collector.
    I've got a bunch of Mausers. I've weeded out the dupes for the most part. Actually that's true of most of my collection. Every time I think about selling something (usually to buy something else), it's pretty hard to make a decision, so I usually don't. :):

Top Bottom