Hypothetically, What Could Happen if the Worst Comes to Pass?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Considering we've all heard the old saying "When the 2nd falls, the 1st won't be far behind", you may be more right than you know!
    The first has been as severely limited as the 2nd. Just ask protestors and a certain marine who was incarcerated in a mental hospital recently for speaking his mind.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I could see cities like Chicago and DC try new more restrictive laws again, but not a large impact on National gun laws. What hasn't Congress tried to pass because it was unconstitutional?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The worst thing that could happen, per Rush Limbaugh, is that IF Obama wins it means that we have a nation of idiots out there. If there are that many stupid people who vote democrat, our problems are far worst than merely gun control.

:+1:

I agree completely that Obama is the symptom, not the disease. It is truly scary that (even adjusting for foreign nationals, dead folks, fictional characters, cats, dogs, and horses voting) approximately half of the population would vote for a candidate for president with absolutely no credentials for the job, who had never held what I would consider a real job, and simultaneously slam a sitting governor for having no executive experience.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    The worst thing that could happen, per Rush Limbaugh, is that IF Obama wins it means that we have a nation of idiots out there. If there are that many stupid people who vote democrat, our problems are far worst than merely gun control.

You seem to reference the opinions of others a lot.

I can't speak for everyone but I, for one, would like to know what YOU think?

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I could see cities like Chicago and DC try new more restrictive laws again, but not a large impact on National gun laws. What hasn't Congress tried to pass because it was unconstitutional?

I could see instances of this happening, but as I asked earlier, doesn't a ruling that says we have no fundamental right to keep and bear arms, in essence criminalize everyone who does if certain local or state wide governments so choose to act upon it?

If that is the case, then are there any checks and balances on the SCOTUS at all, or are they just free to interperet any law the way they deem fit? If so, that seems like an awlful lot of power for one branch of government!

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I could see instances of this happening, but as I asked earlier, doesn't a ruling that says we have no fundamental right to keep and bear arms, in essence criminalize everyone who does if certain local or state wide governments so choose to act upon it?

If that is the case, then are there any checks and balances on the SCOTUS at all, or are they just free to interperet any law the way they deem fit? If so, that seems like an awlful lot of power for one branch of government!

They are free to do as they wish. Why, because they said so (see Marbury v. Madison).

Congress can always pass a new law, or reinstate the old, addressing, or claiming to address, the issues raised by the original SCotUS decision (see congress's end around on US v. Lopez with the reinstatement of the "Gun Free School Zones Act"), at which point, it is law at least until the next case to challenge it comes before the court.

IANAL YMMV

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon

I don't see many Americans registering their guns or turning them in...If it gets to that point the people will rise up...the government seems to think they have control over us...but in reality when it come to the big picture we have the control.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon

There is a lot of uneducated people out there, they only believe what the media spoon feeds them...they go to the polls for the free sticker that says I voted.

Fedempl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    McCordsville
    The worst thing that could happen is that the Great Obama declare martial law and put his wonderful friend Rham in charge and make Chicago the new capital. I agree this would not be his smartest moves, but he has not been the most intelligent person upto this point.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You seem to reference the opinions of others a lot.

I can't speak for everyone but I, for one, would like to know what YOU think?

I think that most Americans are stupid and selfish. And so uneducated that they do not know our history, our culture or value our traditions. And that includes those who went to college.

The only way we survive is based on the character of the people. If the people lack vision then we perish. Leaders reflect the people and as a people we are rotting.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I don't think he can just ban hi cap mags all by himself. He can ban IMPORTATION of hi cap mags by executive order.

He can initially do it by executive order......and at that point, nothing else will really matter....short of insurrection.

"John Marshall has made his decision; now let him enforce it!" President Andrew Jackson, 1832, purported quote upon learning the SCOTUS opinion of Worcester v. Georgia.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Unfortunately, every gun I have ever owned has been lost in numerous tragic boating accidents. I don't know why I can't seem to learn to stay away from boats or at least leave my firearms at home when I do go boating, but there it is :dunno:. So if Obama or any one bans all guns I guess I just won't be affected by it.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    My 2 cents. Obama-care will go fully into effect, and continue the bankrupting of the country. With government taking over health care, doctors would leave the system, many hospitals will no longer be able to afford to operate and will close. Health care as we know it will disappear, followed by people who feel entitled to anything rising up since they have nothing to lose, and take out their frustrations on those who worked for what they have.

As to gun control, if firearms were banned as the government tried with alcohol, the result making firearm owners criminals if they didn't turn in their weapons, you would have some that would turn them in, but like the first prohibition, there would be that blood in the streets that Madam Feinstein is so expecting. When you make an honest citizen a criminal through a stroke of the pen, some will do things I hope I never see.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    My 2 cents. Obama-care will go fully into effect, and continue the bankrupting of the country. With government taking over health care, doctors would leave the system, many hospitals will no longer be able to afford to operate and will close. Health care as we know it will disappear, followed by people who feel entitled to anything rising up since they have nothing to lose, and take out their frustrations on those who worked for what they have.

As to gun control, if firearms were banned as the government tried with alcohol, the result making firearm owners criminals if they didn't turn in their weapons, you would have some that would turn them in, but like the first prohibition, there would be that blood in the streets that Madam Feinstein is so expecting. When you make an honest citizen a criminal through a stroke of the pen, some will do things I hope I never see.

I just had this odd scenario enter my head like the speak-easies of the prohibition era
    Guy knocks on a door in alley. A little door at head height slides open and a man says "Password!"
    The guy replies "ammo".
    The door opens, the man looks around carefully, then admits the guy. Beyond are a bunch of people shooting at an illegal indoor range. :):

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom