Hypothetically, What Could Happen if the Worst Comes to Pass?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I will go to work, support my family, and live as a free man. I intend to exercize my liberty and refuse to acknowledge anyone who purports to have any control over me.

It really is that simple. You can always join me in resistance to tyrany. It won't cost you a dime.

Also, my attitude toward personal liberty is extended to homosexuals, drug users, pregnant women who don't want their children, gun owners, and folks who don't like to wear motorcycle helmets or seatbelts. Probably more, don't beat me up if I forgot somebody.......

I don't presume to tell anyone how to live their life. You may have to answer for your decisions. But the supreme being determines that, not me.

Last edited:

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I will go to work, support my family, and live as a free man. I intend to excersize my liberty and refuse to acknowledge anyone who purports to have any control over me.

It really is that simple.

Really? Did you ask permission to drive a car that you own, on roads you helped pay for, with money extorted from your paycheck by threat of force?

Did you fill out a 4473 to ask the government for permission to purchase a firearm? Did you fill out the required paperwork to ask permission to carry that firearm to protect yourself?

If you smoke, do you go to a bar, provide your government-issue ID to drink alcohol with a bunch of other smokers, and then step outside when you want to light up? (Indpls is currently trying to outlaw smoking outdoors also.)

Do you put whatever you want into your body without fear of a full-scale SWAT assault?

Is it REALLY that simple??

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    It is not up to me to tell you how to resist tyranny. Or what you consider tyranny. Please do not try to put your ideas on resistance on me.

I do hope you will find ways to resist tyranny. If that is your desire.

I have my ways to resist already. My attitude does not change no matter who is voted into office every 4 years.

Last edited:

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    From reading through the comments I fear this thread is getting dangerously close to getting the boot from the mods like many others that have broached this subject. I would encourage folks to be careful and think twice about what you are posting as this is a very important topic to discuss.

I have posted a couple of more light-hearted comments on the subject, but it is a serious one. We do have a President that uses Executive Privilege more freely than any other. Politicians, mostly Republicans but also some Democrats, wail about it but do nothing more. The DOJ is in the President's pocket and won't challenge him, in fact they support his decisions. The Supreme Court is unpredictable at this point but even then this President has ignored Federal judges when it suits him to do so. There is no reason to believe that he will abide by Supreme Court decisions either. He runs all the offices in the land that could do anything to stop him. (That's Chicago politics 101 by the way.) And with no one able to stop him he can justify any action he takes. The media at best will only criticize him in the mildest form and then only on items that are of the least consequence.
    Obama has set very dangerous precedents in his administration and he has outlined what he wants to do and his feelings for what he believes America should be in several speeches before private groups. AND, there is no guarantee that he won't do those things before he leaves office regardless of the election. Once a president decrees something it seems, historically, to be very difficult for the incoming administration to walk it back or veto it.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    My 2 cents. Obama-care will go fully into effect, and continue the bankrupting of the country. With government taking over health care, doctors would leave the system, many hospitals will no longer be able to afford to operate and will close.

And the current state of healthcare in Canada.

Health care as we know it will disappear, followed by people who feel entitled to anything rising up since they have nothing to lose, and take out their frustrations on those who worked for what they have.

As demonstrated by similar incidents of perceived injustice with the use of riotous behavior.

As to gun control, if firearms were banned as the government tried with alcohol, the result making firearm owners criminals if they didn't turn in their weapons, you would have some that would turn them in, but like the first prohibition, there would be that blood in the streets that Madam Feinstein is so expecting. When you make an honest citizen a criminal through a stroke of the pen, some will do things I hope I never see.

There are consequences for politicians who engage in such social engineering.....and it is right for it to happen.

Taking away a rancher's rifle to defend his livelihood from a pack of wolves, also takes away food from the table of his family. Taking away a woman's handgun to defend her body from a criminal, also takes away that "choice" that the political left constantly preaches.

If made a criminal, not only is it likely I will do some of those things that you hope that you never see.......It is also likely have lots of company when I do it.

ftwphilly

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    What could be done about legal private party sales with no paperwork? How would those firearms be found if time passed and you can't remember the persons name? Would they just toss you in the clink? Again, more reasons why confiscation and repealing the 2nd would do no good.

Last edited:

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    What could be done about legal sales with no paperwork? How would those firearms be found if time passed and you can't remember the persons name? Would they just toss you in the clink? Again, more reasons why confiscation and repealing the 2nd would do no good.
    And they think the prison population is packed now?!?

They would never be able to afford a prison population that large for throwing folks in for something as stupid as that!

Top Bottom