• ...and so much more!
  • dieselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Bloomington
    ...and I haven't even moved in yet.

I'm home from IU on summer break, have an apartment leased for the upcoming school year. Last week, I emailed the apartment office and asked if they could provide me with room dimensions for my unit (just about everywhere else has blueprints online, this one only has overall sq ft). Their response? "No, but you can make an appointment to come measure". I emailed them back and politely stated that i feel like especially with current gas prices, its a bit of a drive from northeast indy just to take a few minutes worth of measurements. no response.

i mean seriously? they dont have someone available to take 5 minutes and go measure? I cant really buy furniture if I dont know whats going to fit and I'm not in the mood to a) take a day off work b) drive an hour anda half down there and be there for 10 minutes.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Didnt you look over the appartment before you signed a lease?

Pretty much what I was thinking.

Sounds like Diesel might be getting a somewhat expensive lesson in the five P's shortly.

Sorry bro, everyone's gotta figure this stuff out sooner or later..... sure it would be convenient for them to just hand it to you, but the diligent thing would have been for you to have taken measurements when you were down there.

At least most apartment complexes are open on weekends, maybe you can do it without cashing in any time off work...

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    You don't need good customer service when you have a lot of customers.

People are lazy, incompetent, jerks, that is the reality of the world.

Sorry you had to learn the lesson...again. It took 15 years for it to sink into my thick skull.

Even if you do get the measurements, I'm not sure I'd trust them.

jeep911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    looks like we forgot that customer service isnt really a top priority anymore good sir. but ill drive down there and do it for ya!

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    We have several members here in the Bloomington area. If you let us know what apartments you are looking at and the measurements you need, I'm sure one of us could get them for you.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    ATO is right. I wouldn't trust the measurements you get from them. When I rented my first apartment all of the dimensions were off. By as little as one inch and upto almost a foot in one case. And when I moved to a different apartment, also a different floor plan. the measurements were off again. My guess is that every apartment regardless of floor plan will be off from the measurements the give on line.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Also some apartments have multiple rooms that run into each other where the dining area is part of the living area, or the kitchen bar juts into the livingroom, some even have diagonal walls that cut rooms. Dimension for these types of places are almost worthless.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I'm going to guess you'd be more inclined to agree with my post than the others.... given your stated profession/experiences and all. :D

Either way, you can't just leave us hanging.....

Well, yeah, obviously. :): Though if I had the information available at my fingertips, I'd provide it. Email isn't that hard. I might even make a phone call if that worked better for me.

It's just the attitude of the OP and the mental image I get that makes me smile. Picture teenage girl throwing a temper tantrum for not being allowed to go out with her friends because she didn't do her chores.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Well, yeah, obviously. :): Though if I had the information available at my fingertips, I'd provide it. Email isn't that hard. I might even make a phone call if that worked better for me.

It's just the attitude of the OP and the mental image I get that makes me smile. Picture teenage girl throwing a temper tantrum for not being allowed to go out with her friends because she didn't do her chores.

You mean something like this:? me too... @ OP, don't be too offended, I had to learn this lesson SEVERAL TIMES OVER before I started making sure I had all my ducks in a row before pulling the trigger on financial deals....:D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnSGrrWMjQg[/ame]

Top Bottom