• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • carbinekid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Gettysburg
    My grandfather gave me his old Win model 12 shotgun ages ago when I turned 18 and wanted to hunt, didn't know much about it at the time other than I wasn't much good with it. Years after he passed and I acquired more of his military (WW2) guns, I looked into the model 12 and found it was made in 1942, with a RA-P stamp on the heel. At some point it passed through Raritan Arsenal- turns out these 30" full choke shotguns were used to train aerial gunners. Fast forward many more years and I had a patient that was a WW2 vet that trained aerial gunners and he was tickled to see my old shotgun, said that looked exactly like the ones he used. Kinda cool. It definitely is not a fancy grade or anything, plain wood with just a bead at the muzzle.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    My grandfather gave me his old Win model 12 shotgun ages ago when I turned 18 and wanted to hunt, didn't know much about it at the time other than I wasn't much good with it. Years after he passed and I acquired more of his military (WW2) guns, I looked into the model 12 and found it was made in 1942, with a RA-P stamp on the heel. At some point it passed through Raritan Arsenal- turns out these 30" full choke shotguns were used to train aerial gunners. Fast forward many more years and I had a patient that was a WW2 vet that trained aerial gunners and he was tickled to see my old shotgun, said that looked exactly like the ones he used. Kinda cool. It definitely is not a fancy grade or anything, plain wood with just a bead at the muzzle.

My uncle was a tail gunner in a B-24 and he used the Remington Model 11 in his training. Of all the B-24 tail gunners in WWII, and all the rounds put through the 4 .50 cals in the stinger, my uncle was the only one to have a confirmed kill and he had two from the same mission...

Hoosierdaddy1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2015
    Camby
    My first shotgun was a model 12 in 16gauge. I used that gun for everything from the time I was 8 to 25. It’s retired and still in my safe. Love this gun!

Top Bottom