I avoid Speedway gas stations every chance I get because...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    I don't like any of them "cause the price is too damn high". But then I realize I don't have a horse, bike or electric car and I live too out far to walk to work. But..... those speedy freezes are delicious.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I like Speedway for two very important reasons.

1. After I swipe my fleet card in the pump, it asks for the mileage first, then my driver ID. That way I don't have to write the mileage on my hand.
    2. The receipts at the pump are small, so when I have to copy them for my mileage report, I can fit more on the page.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I avoid marathon gas stations like the plague. "Fueling the American spirt" yet around here everyone is ran by a turban wearing family

Damned entrepreneurial small business owners. We could use a lot less of their kind.

:rolleyes:

Anyhoo, as to Speedway and Gas America, it sounds like there were redundancies with the buyout. People had to go. Using felony records was one way they made decisions. Rough for the individuals, but that happens.

Maybe the real issue should be with the people who sold Gas America....

...or maybe this is just how life works sometimes.

Oh, and Comic Sans​, interesting rant font choice.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Damned entrepreneurial small business owners. We could use a lot less of their kind.

Anyhoo, as to Speedway and Gas America, it sounds like there were redundancies with the buyout. People had to go. Using felony records was one way they made decisions. Rough for the individuals, but that happens.

Well , that's one way of looking at it .

Another couple ways would be
    Guberment ****ery with preferential immigration incentives and even more ****ery with the tax shenanigans .

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I wonder how many current active members remember this. 

1413006617521.jpg

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I avoid marathon gas stations like the plague. "Fueling the American spirt" yet around here everyone is ran by a turban wearing family

Just like about 75% of every franchise gas station. There are a few locally owned branded (major oil company brands) but most are owned by whomever pays to put that sign in front of their station.

As for Marathon as a company, they are based in Ohio. They employ thousands of Americans. They were Forbes "Best large company to work for" in 2016, beating out Google.

And as for "Fueling the American Spirit." They supply gas for Americans to go do as they please.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Quite so. In these litigious times (casting no dispersions on present company, councilor) you need an articulable defense against the inevitable charges of bias and the ambivalence chasers who litigate them. I am personally aquainted with some of the principals in the merger of the legal departments of both Bank One and Chase Madhatter when the two companies merged. There were a total of 52 lawyers in the combined departments and the combined entity wanted about half that. All 52 were terminated with any and all allowed to apply for openings with the new company, which likely already knew in advance who it really wanted to employ. An elaborate Noh play to give the appearance of unbiased hiring decisions

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Just like about 75% of every franchise gas station. There are a few locally owned branded (major oil company brands) but most are owned by whomever pays to put that sign in front of their station.

As for Marathon as a company, they are based in Ohio. They employ thousands of Americans. They were Forbes "Best large company to work for" in 2016, beating out Google.

And as for "Fueling the American Spirit." They supply gas for Americans to go do as they please.

Hear, hear. If you want to boycott gasoline, start with Citgo which is majority owned by Venezuela

Top Bottom