• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AnnieO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    After months of searching I finally bought my gun- M&P Shield 9mm. So far it is comfortable to carry. Next up- actually shooting it. Very excited!

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Nice choice for a carry weapon. You'll probably find that you want another for the range, another for the nightstand, another for the trunk, and so on, and thus the addiction begins.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Good Job - Hope you got the LTCH ... Glad you're carrying something you're comfortable with; Bet your husband is glad your carrying, period. ... Enjoy. I've heard good reports on the shield, but not seen one yet.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Congratulations! I bet you find what most of have experienced, guns are like potato chips, its hard to have just one.

AnnieO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Thanks all! I have had my LTCH for a few years. I own a couple other guns but this is the first one I've picked out and bought myself. My husband bought me a 10/22 recently because he was afraid I was going to permanently keep his rifle that I have been shooting. I'll report back after the trip to the range- hopefully Monday.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Very nice choice. As others have stated, I haven't seen one myself, but most are not disappointed with that particular firearm. I'm a bit fond of the M&P line, so my opinion is biased.

Polished515

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Muncie
    Congrats! I just switched to a Shield 9mm. I love it. The recoil is hardly noticeable and I am able to get right back on target. Shot holes through holes all day.
    Only thing I want to do to it is upgrade to fiber optic sights. I got a great holster from ebay too and it is incredibly comfortable. Its an IWB holster.
    eBay My World - rbholsters

There are also some local holster makers that make and sell for the Shield.

Indy Holsters | Custom Kydex Holsters

Enjoy it!

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Have you had any training yet? No insult intended. If you are anywhere close to Pendleton/Anderson go to fcvcc.org and look at their calendar. They have a "Women On Target" course which my wife and two of her friends took and enjoyed. (My wife has been a gunowner for 30+ years.)

AnnieO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    I have not had any formal training. I am no where near Anderson or I would look into that class.
    Unfortunately we didn't get to go to the range yet. Hopefully this weekend.

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    I work with somebody who does that! I get on his case all the time.
    And I hear it a lot, too... "this was my carry gun for a year. Never been fired. How much will ya give me for it? It's like new."
    Sometimes it's all you can do. I had to carry my XDs for a month with out shooting it. I didn't fully trust my pistol until I shot it. When that is all you have that is what you have to do.

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    I'll agree that sometimes... *sometimes*...that may be accurate in describing SOME circumstances.
    But that's not the situation I'm encountering when I'm speaking of it.
    Ahh. Yes now that I have my firearms I won't be carrying anything unless I have put a couple hundred rounds though it. I read your post a bit closer and you are 100% correct. I hated that I had to wait a month to get ammo and range time to shoot.

AnnieO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    No, I am not carrying a gun I haven't shot, just a bit around the house to get accustomed to it. I haven't even loaded it yet. I don't plan on carrying it until I am comfortable with it.

Top Bottom