• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    This time of year we use coyote calls, pups in distress, females. They're starting to den up so they get territorial and are on the look out for other dogs.

I've seen bobcats three times in Indiana. The first was driving on IN 231 north of Rennselear. Ran into a detour because a bridge was out. Turned around and in the headlights the bobcats trots across the road from one cornfield to the other.

The second was two years ago in Brownsburg. Was taking my dog out to pee and he got into my evergreen bushes in the front of the house. Cat came shooting out with dog right behind. Cat went 20 feet up a tree in four steps and sat on a branch looking down at both of us.

Went into the house to grab a flashlight because I thought it was a big old feral tom that had been hanging around (and if it was I might have dispatched him) but it turned out to be a Bobcat. Grabbed the dog and ran in to get the wife and a camera but in the 30 second that took it disappeared.

Saw what I presume was the same one a couple months later running across the road to my neighborhood and a neighbor saw it in his backyard when he went to investigate the horrible noises in the backyard.

Top Bottom