• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    sounds like you wasted a perfect opportunity to train your cat and dog. you should have bit the snakes head off and eaten the first bite, then the cat and dog would know how to handle this situation if it ever arises again. its ok if you feel in awe of my tactical abilities and knowledge in these matters. it took years for me to acquire my skills. I even stayed at a holiday inn. you will get there one day ;)

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    sounds like you wasted a perfect opportunity to train your cat and dog. you should have bit the snakes head off and eaten the first bite, then the cat and dog would know how to handle this situation if it ever arises again. its ok if you feel in awe of my tactical abilities and knowledge in these matters. it took years for me to acquire my skills. I even stayed at a holiday inn. you will get there one day ;)
    My name is Beau and I approve this message.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Sorry, I can't resist: the former biology major is coming out: venomous. Not poisonous. Unless you intend to eat them. And even then, I still don't think they'd do you any harm.

18" isn't very long. What kind of markings did it have?
    sn-garter01.jpg

This is very similar to what it looked like. It had a red tongue, but the end was black. I think it was an Eastern Garter snake, but I'm not for sure. I didn't ask it for any identification :).

Thanks for the correction between poisonous and venomous. I knew the difference, but completely spaced it out until you said something.

The opportunity that I really missed, if I had wanted to kill the snake, which obviously I didn't because I was Brave (Dumb) enough to pick it up, was that I had my Glock on me, but was breaking in a new holster and had unloaded the gun, so I wouldn't have any AD/ND. :ugh:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I was told(R.I.P. Steve Irwin) that if you pick a snake up by the very end of its tail, its muscles aren't strong enough to snap its head back up to bite your hand.

Yeah, I won't be trying that with poisonous snakes. I'll take a hit from most snakes (actually got tagged by about a 3' ball python in a pet store because my moron friend was dangling a rat).

I'd rather have snakes around than cats. Cats are disgusting animals.

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah, I won't be trying that with poisonous snakes. I'll take a hit from most snakes (actually got tagged by about a 3' ball python in a pet store because my moron friend was dangling a rat).

Ya, with all their purring and a litter box full of :poop:. And those eye's, Ahhhhhhhh :runaway:, soooo un-natural.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Cats are dirty. I wouldn't own an animal that takes dumps in the house. If you think getting bit by a snake (not poisonous to humans) would be bad, try getting bit by a cat. Don't get the bite taken care of, you're most likely in for a fun ride.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado

I've been bit by a few snakes. One of them was a Ball Python. Those things hurt.

Dogs are dirtier than cats

Cats are dirty. I wouldn't own an animal that takes dumps in the house. If you think getting bit by a snake (not poisonous to humans) would be bad, try getting bit by a cat. Don't get the bite taken care of, you're most likely in for a fun ride.
    Do you not take dumps in the house? I've been bit by cats. Never had a problem.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I've been bit by a few snakes. One of them was a Ball Python. Those things hurt.

Dogs are dirtier than cats

Do you not take dumps in the house? I've been bit by cats. Never had a problem.

I've been bitten by more then one kind of snake, hamsters hurt worse. Scratched AND bitten by dogs and cats. Both suck but I tend to get more scars from dogs then from cats. And yes, I take dumps in the house :D

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I've been bitten by more then one kind of snake, hamsters hurt worse. Scratched AND bitten by dogs and cats. Both suck but I tend to get more scars from dogs then from cats. And yes, I take dumps in the house :D
    Agree on hamsters. I thought my finger was gone the last time I got bit by one of those. It did not live long after that.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Murderer!!! How could you do that to poor defenseless hamsters???

Easy. Same way I fed poor defenseless mice (who really are defenseless compared to a hamster) to my snake. 6 a week. The same snake from the picture ;) She'd tackle a hamster like nothing.

AWESOME! what if a ... ahem, customer;) came in and accidently put a hamster in with a snake and the snake ate it? :D

They're all kept locked up so that kind of thing doesn't happen. Though Tuesday I guess someone "lost" a hamster without noticing.....until the fugitive was spotted trying to escape out the front door :rolleyes:

Top Bottom