• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    So I was able to hit the range with VUPDblue Sunday. He was kind enough to let me shoot his M&P 45. I've been thinking of getting one, and I really wanted to try before I buy.
    He happened to even bring his M&P 9c along. I held it, but didn't really like it. I felt it was just too small.
    After shooting his 45 for awhile, I thought what the heck. I'll just give the 9c a try.

HOLY CRAP!! I immediately fell in love. I ran a few mags thru it. And I pulled out my EDC, a Glock 19, and decided to compare them. I've been shooting my Glock 19 a lot better than I did before. Enough to be really happy with my accuracy with it. But, I felt I could shoot that M&P 9c a heck of a lot better.

Once I got home, put my Glock 21 up for sale, sold it an hour later. And today, I called Bradis, asked them to put one of the last 2 9c's on hold for me, and I showed up before closing.

Paid cash, and here I am, a proud owner of a M&P 9c. Already have the Apex carry package on order.

Got home, and my wife and I ran 100 rounds thru her. Had a lot of fun.

Now, I did think long and hard on this. I wasn't sure if it was smart to sell a .45, and buy a 9mm, since I already carried a 9mm. But, it's a big advantage. My wife can't shoot the .45. And can shoot dang well with the 9mm's. And since she can't shoot my 20 gauge and AR15, this makes more sense. No matter which one I'm carrying, Glock 19 or the M&P9c, there's always a gun in the house that she feels comfortable shooting, and being accurate. Plus, it's cheap to shoot, and I can afford to buy 9mm in bulk!

Here's some pics!

ab954fb5.jpg

9dc53f36.jpg

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I also own a M&P 9c and a full size M&P .40 love them both! you can also buy the full size 9mm 17 round mags and get the grip sleeves that fill in the gap of the longer mags and have a 18 shot compact gun that feels great in your hand!! Congrats on your new gun!!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Congratulations on joining the M&P club! They are great pistols and you can even keep you conscious clear, since you still have the G19...for now. :@ya:

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    I see nothing wrong here. You were not buying yourself a new gun. You were investing in the safety of your wifes well being while you are away.... And just happened to get a new toy in the process.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Congratulations on joining the M&P club! They are great pistols and you can even keep you conscious clear, since you still have the G19...for now. :@ya:

:laugh: Yea I'm not selling the G19!

Anyone have a link to where I can purchase the grip extenders? I can't seem to find them on S&W's site.

DThurston

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Shelby County
    Now, I did think long and hard on this. I wasn't sure if it was smart to sell a .45, and buy a 9mm, since I already carried a 9mm. But, it's a big advantage. My wife can't shoot the .45. And can shoot dang well with the 9mm's.

The last time I shot a .45 was in or just after college. 4" 1911, possibly even a Colt model. Anyway, I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it. I would have been better off throwing the damn thing. :n00b: Now, some training would probably have made all the difference, but it was just too much *bang* for me with that short barrel.

Anyway, all the "stopping power" in the world is useless if it doesn't hit the target, so go with a 9mm if that's comfortable and you and your wife can be accurate and effective with it. Much better than a firearm that can't be used accurately, I think.

Of course, I only have a .22 S&W and a .380 currently, so I may not be the shining beacon of knowledge on this topic.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Congrats on the 9c. Have one and the grip extenders and I'm a fan. Try Cheaper Than Dirt - America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter for the x-grips - that's where I got mine (ordered on Monday - here by Wednesday). They were $11 if I remember right and the shipping wasn't too bad.

You might also try eBay - they'll have them at pretty good prices every now and then.

Again - Congrats and go put some rounds through that 9c.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Good choice on your new M&P's.

I have always been amazed at how accurate the compact M&P's can be. My oldest son can often out shoot me with his M&P40c, even when I am shooting my full-sized M&P Pro.

Top Bottom