• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    you can always buy from dealers/do ffl transfers, or buy at gunshows... but even if you dont think your gonna get into handguns a permit is still a good investment plus you can get your lifetime permit (something they probly will do away with soon)

No, it is state law. Please do not encourage that rumor (see FAQ)

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    Nope, July 1st the laws changed. You can transport a handgun without an LTCH as long as it is unloaded, in a case, and not readily available. :rockwoot:

On another note I spoke to a couple of gun owners and shooters that I work with. This is what we came up with.

Seeing an LTCH means nothing. It may be for peace of mind to the seller, but where's the buyers peace of mind? The seller could easily report that gun stolen after the transaction and the buyer would have no proof that he actually bought it legally. (Has actually happened to one of my co-workers brothers) Felons who had a lifetime LTCH can still have a copy of it and easily show it to the seller.

And since when do people need an License to Carry a HANDGUN to transport a long gun? IMO Dross's statement of:

Says it all. I understand you are selling to a stranger who could potentially be a felon or incapable of owning a gun, but in all honesty all you have to do is ask. If they say they can legally own it then you have done your duty. Who's to say that little pink piece of paper is even valid?

If you want peace of mind, make up a bill of sale for both parties involved. If you get a bad vibe from the buyer, call it off. Don't diminish the 2nd Ammendment by asking to see an LTCH for a .22 long rifle.

Thanks CK for the heads up on the law change. At least this change was in effect for the better on the gun owners part. Might not have a LTCH
    But you can legally take them to a gun range if you want as long as you stay within the laws guidelines.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    The seller sets the deal .. be it , I need to see your ID ......LTCH

Or I want you to moon walk while grabbing your Johnson and singing Beat it .

If you don't want to meet the sellers deal ........Hear is a hint

DON'T BUY IT FROM THEM

There ya go ...problem solved .....See how easy that was :dunno::D:patriot:

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    The seller sets the deal .. be it , I need to see your ID ......LTCH

Or I want you to moon walk while grabbing your Johnson and singing Beat it .

If you don't want to meet the sellers deal ........Hear is a hint

DON'T BUY IT FROM THEM

There ya go ...problem solved .....See how easy that was :dunno::D:patriot:

You know, I started this thread, with a legitimate question......and spoke my mind about the "LTCH request" for a long gun purchase. But I haven't been rude, or contrary...... in fact, I went back to my second & third posts in the thread, and deleted a few words that I was afraid some others might find 'testy'.

But I have not been judging anyone for the practice, or flaming anyone,..... just trying to understand and get some info and input.

YOU, on the other hand........ well, I just won't say what I think of your post. I'm not on INGO to be a jerk........you, on the other hand......... ( just another 'funny man')

Top Bottom