I don't have words to describe this. NPR broadcasts an abortion.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Any thoughts on what they were thinking?
    What they are doing is attempting to move the abortion debate into new territory. It used to be that abortion supporters' main tactic was not to talk about abortion; to try to obfuscate and distract from what was really going on. They used to use phrases like "product of conception" or "clump of cells" to describe an unborn baby. They described abortion as unfortunate but necessary; their position was epitomized by the saying that abortion ought to be "safe, legal, and rare."

But things have changed over the past decade or so. I'm noticing an increasing number of pro-abortion people I talk to or read the writings of are perfectly comfortable calling unborn children "babies." For many of them, gone are the days when they tried to ignore the fact that the unborn are human beings, now they are perfectly fine admitting what abortion really is: the killing of a human life. They used to want abortion to be something that people tolerated, even if it was with distaste. But now they want us to accept that it's normal for a child to die for the sake of a woman's "choice". They don't want abortion to be something tucked away in the shadows, so to speak, but something that people proclaim proudly from the rooftops; something so normalized to people that they wouldn't bat an eyelash at hearing one broadcast on the radio.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Someone grab a short rope. I'll find a tall tree

IMO, that's a piece of what they are looking for. Their position is becoming indefensible to increasing numbers of people and so the tactic will be to gin up condemnable attacks against their position.

Say some dude listens to this after having a crappy week at work; marriage falling apart, not much in the way of things to lose, and has his Falling Down moment. What do you think is gonna be blasted across the news cycle for weeks?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just think- our tax dollars support that crap. There is ZERO reason to have federally funded news (PBS or NPR) any longer. They need to rise or fall based on ads alone- and I don’t like their chances if that ever happened.

This right here!

It's your tax dollars at work folks. We can fix this, if we will...

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Hard to believe I was a total NPR junkie not long ago.

I'm sure this is nothing you can't find on YouTube nowadays, but sheesh. It's really not the propaganda that disappoints me, I expect that. It's the willingness of some people to make the most private parts of their lives into public political fodder. I guess it's not that different from Kyle Rittenhouse turning his DGU into advocacy, but I still find it off-putting.

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    I live NWI. The Democrat ads from the Chicago stations make it look like rape, incest, and life of the mother are the major reasons for abortion. They are a very small percentage. Even pro-abortion sites show that. I have yet to see any Republican call out the Democrats on that. Some Democrat ads say that abortion has been a right for 50 years. Protecting the unborn has been a goal for centuries.
    To be clear, although I am referencing statistics I am completely opposed to abortion.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/reasons-for-abortion-906589

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I live NWI. The Democrat ads from the Chicago stations make it look like rape, incest, and life of the mother are the major reasons for abortion. They are a very small percentage. Even pro-abortion sites show that. I have yet to see any Republican call out the Democrats on that. Some Democrat ads say that abortion has been a right for 50 years. Protecting the unborn has been a goal for centuries.
    To be clear, although I am referencing statistics I am completely opposed to abortion.

What are the differences between the two parties of state?

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne

I would think that, as the definition of "mental health" evolves, this category is going to skyrocket:

Top Bottom