• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • windingwinds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Miami County, Indiana
    Exactly why I don't agree with spotlighting. Fine if they keep it to their own spot. But just like fence sitters, when temptation comes along they can't seem to help themselves and cross the line into illegal activity. Want to watch wildlife, go to one of the many state parks or stay on your own property, or buy a trail cam. Seems to me if you wanted to watch at night, nightvision would be most helpful anyways, not a bright white light. Spotlighting isn't nearly as great as sitting hunting all day watching the wildlife without them knowing you are there.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Have the wife light 'em up with the 2K torch from the house as you sneak down in the darkness and jam a potato in their tailpipe.

:rockwoot:

Standard disclaimer: The above suggestion should not be construed as a proposal for the smartest or safest course of action, nor does it even remotely resemble proper advice.
    Side effects may include a smug sense of superiority, blurred vision, insomnia and anal seepage. Ask your doctor if retribution may be right for you.

Ahhh...the old "potato in the tailpipe" scheme.

Excellent.

Pete

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    We have the same problem out here. There is an almost endless parade of shiners every night. We have heard shots the last 3 nights (from 10 pm to 1am). The next morning on two of those nights we chased a couple of guys out of the field.

We too have had the house shined. We have had lots of trouble with trespassers in all seasons - deer, rabbit, mushroom, etc.

I have had a ladder stand stolen this year.

Why do people have the mindset that it is OK to just walk onto somebodies property & do what they want?

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    It is an illegal activity if it is disturbing you just as much as someone that is playing loud music it is called "disturbing the peace".
    To bad they made them illegal but spotting them with a laser would have been fun just to see there reaction.

NOTE; I did say this is illegal so don't try it.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    When they do it, mag dump into the ground or other safe backstop :D

I get people spotting across my lake when the trees are bare and you can see it. I may or may not have done that once or twice and giggled at the reaction of folks peeling out. It's more than just academic to me, if they are shooting at something on my dam they are shooting towards my house which they can't see.

TSmith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Seymour
    Sounds like you need some tracer fire. Empty a thirty round mag of tracers!! OK probably not a good idea, but sounds like fun. I would agree with calling the CO's to see if they could set up a decoy/sting. I personally don't think its right to be spotlighting on somebody else's property. It should be done on your own property or where you have permission.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I have known a few people who built 17k lumens maglites...I think I could build you one for a price.

jelzy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    New Albany
    Set up a few trail cams and get a couple good pictures. Shine them back after you call them in. It should take a while for the drivers eyes to readjust.

blackoak

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    If they were that close to my house for 10 minutes and hit it with a spot light I would have within the first 5 minutes been out, armed o course and asking them up close WTF they are doing and tell them they have yet to find the bodies of the last SOB's that did this to me because I thought I was being attacked by space aliens and cut down on the bright light that was shining at me with a 100 rounds of FMJ 223's and there plenty of room for more bodies with a very twisted insane look on my face acting as crazy as possible. I bet it would never happen again!!! at least from them.:): Actually you probably did the right thing with the action you took.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom