• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Went to Henryville with my step-dad, and was shooting at the same table, with some nice young fellows and one had a CZ-75, now I've admired them from afar, but today, the guy asked if I wanted to shoot it.......duh! I told him I'd even shoot my own ammo....Ok it was everything I've ever heard, and more!! Sweet sweet sweet! And now the bucket list is bigger!!!
    :yesway:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Buddy of mine has a CZ 9mm (not sure what model) but that thing is AWESOME!!! I love shooting that gun and he says its never had a misfire failure to feed or anything in 5k rounds or more. I havent really heard any bad things about CZ, good luck on completing that list!!

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    A lot of other people feel the same way about the CZ-75, thats why they have been copied so much. The grip on one feels as though it was cut perfectly for the hand. One of the best Com-bloc guns to make it out from behind of the Iron Curtain. JMHO.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    I loved my CZ-75 so much I sent it to the CZ Custom Shop and had them work their magic on it, now it is the most comfortable and accurate gun I own.

CZ-75 Retro with trigger job, competition hammer and CZ cocobolo grips.
    DSCF4413.jpg

CZ- with 25 yard test fire.
    DSCF4416.jpg

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Right now the only negative about the CZ-series of pistols is everybody is discovering them and they are no longer the 'best kept secret' of the gun world. They are a fantastic weapon and a joy to shoot.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I loved my CZ-75 so much I sent it to the CZ Custom Shop and had them work their magic on it, now it is the most comfortable and accurate gun I own.

CZ-75 Retro with trigger job, competition hammer and CZ cocobolo grips.
    DSCF4413.jpg

CZ- with 25 yard test fire.
    DSCF4416.jpg
    Don't bother me........

I'll be there soon honey!...........

nate9122

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    I am strongly considering purchasing this one as my first handgun. Sounds like i would not regret the decision.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I whole-heartedly recommend a 75 of some kind. I also had a M9 at the top of my list as a first handgun, but in the end, I really couldn't find anything bad being said about the CZ and very few bad things about the Beretta, mostly sand-related malfunction stories from our guys overseas. Plus, my wife's cousin got a Phantom and it ran pretty smooth out of the box, so I had some frame of reference.

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    Hopefully picking one of these up shortly. Shot a CZ clone (IMI Jericho 941) last weekend and instantly fell in love with the geometry. After about 3 rounds, I drank the Kool Aid and decided I had to have one. Also, its not just for people with small hands. I have vanilla gorilla hands, and its still the best fit I've found yet.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The only problem seems to be finding them. I much prefer to do business with a LGS and not order online. However, it is nearly impossible to find a CZ 75b in an LGS. Frustrating to say the least.

Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    Money is very tight right now..................................yet soon as I find a 75 via private sale it'll be mine and the Glock goes on the block;)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Sadly very few Indiana shops feature a decent selection of CZ pistols. Chuck at CNI in Crown Point did have quite a few of them, but he's been retired for a couple years and the shop sits vacant.

CZ-75, the only 9mm endorsed by JEFF COOPER.:cool:

Big fan of Jeff Cooper and big fan of CZ 75 pistols. Cooper was a man ahead of his time and the archbishop of hand gunning for defensive use. His long love affair with the 1911 platform is well known so the fact that he actually endorsed a "poodle shooting" 9mm chambered handgun, in the SA/DA "krunchenticker" configuration is almost a miracle.

I have to wonder what Jeff Cooper would say about the new Detonics pistol. Its got the grip of the CZ 75 but the SA operation of a 1911.

One of my CZ 75 pistols is in the CENTER RIGHT of this photo. Two of the Detonics MTX pistols are on the TOP and BOTTOM LEFT photo. Clearly the grip shapes are very similar, the angles are very similar. The MTX has an undercut below the trigger guard but other than that these gun grips are near clones in shape. The difference being that the Detonics has a double stack 45 magazine while the CZ has a double stack 9mm.
    photo1-2-1.jpg

There is a difference in the beavertail too. The Detonics MTX has an upswept beavertail that allows for a higher hold on the gun which reduces felt recoil. The CZ 75's beavertail is not upswept but comes almost straight back. Slight difference. With the lower recoil of the 9mm the CZ 75 beavertail shape probably doesn't much affect felt recoil. With the heavier recoil of the 45acp round in the Detonics MTX, the upswept beavertail aids in faster follow up shots.

Top Bottom