• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I have to wonder what Jeff Cooper would say about the new Detonics pistol. Its got the grip of the CZ 75 but the SA operation of a 1911.

Well, considering he was one of the main forces behind the Bren 10, which was based on the CZ-75, I would think he would think positively of it.

It would be the single action that he would be in favor of.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Love the platform and its ergos. I bought my full-sized 9x19 EAA Witness copy before "real" CZ's were being imported. In nearly 8.5 K rounds of assorted ammo it's run flawlessly, always hit where I pointed it and groups better than I can generally hold it for either rested or standing on my own two feet. The only reason I haven't bought a genuine 75B to go with it is because I happened to handle a CZ 97B in .45 ACP when I went looking for one and ended up buying it instead.

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    Ran into MrSmitty today at Falls City Firearms. I'd already pretty much made up my mind, and traded the XDm for the CZ 75b w/ rubber grips shortly after holding it. Felt absolutely at home in my hands. Can't wait to pick it up Friday and weather-permitting head out to Henryville to test it out. Big thanks to Rick for making this happen.

As a side note, I checked out some other CZs and similiar at Orion (P07 full size and compact, EAAs) and while nice, just weren't the same as the 75b for me. Made up my mind, and sticking to my guns.
    Until I get my next one in .40sw. And the EAA in 10mm. And probably a Jericho or two.

Also, +1 to MrSmitty for teaching his child excellent gun safety in the store, even if it was with a plastic revolver.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have an 85 Combat on back order...hoping my wait isn't too long.

Here's a pic of mine to help you wait. :D

DSC01794.jpg

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Thanks Finnegan, nice to have met you! My son even corrects me at the range (as he should!) If I hand him a rifle without putting on the safety...he let's me know!

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Went to Henryville with my step-dad, and was shooting at the same table, with some nice young fellows and one had a CZ-75, now I've admired them from afar, but today, the guy asked if I wanted to shoot it.......duh! I told him I'd even shoot my own ammo....Ok it was everything I've ever heard, and more!! Sweet sweet sweet! And now the bucket list is bigger!!!
    :yesway:

I don't care what some may say ... I love that range. More than once got to "coonfinger" someone else's gun (in a safe and professional way of course).

Thanks for sharing.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    The only problem seems to be finding them. I much prefer to do business with a LGS and not order online. However, it is nearly impossible to find a CZ 75b in an LGS. Frustrating to say the least.

I know it would be a drive but Midwest Gun Exchange in Mishawaka usually has them in 9 and .40, several different models and finishes.

wwdkd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Valparaiso
    I have a CZ 75 P-01 I use for Spring, Summer, Fall carry and an SP-01 I carry in the winter (easier to conceal). My P-01 I added crimson trace grips to, both have night sights, and both have been sent to CZcustom shop to have the competition hammer installed. Neither of of them have ever had a single malfunction and they are the two guns in my collection that I will never get rid of

IMG_0707.jpg

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    cz.jpg

Since we're sharing pics. Here's my CZ 75 SP01 Shadow with cocobola grips. I love this gun, always shoots true. I have a guy at my shop who wants a 1911, or at least he did until he tried the Shadow. Now he wants a stock SP01 and wants to customize it himself.

joemich1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I hope CZ continues there giant American campaign, i love the style they put in there guns. They have a classic yet modern feel to them.

Colt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Dearborn County
    [FONT=&quot]Great thread. My first love in a center fire handgun was the CZ75. That was based on reviews, its good looks, and price. I went to my first Indy 1500 gun show in 2004 with the plan to buy one. When I got to hold one, it actually hurt my hand. As I recall, my thumb joint rubbed against the beavertail in a bad way. What a disappointment that was. I ended up getting a Taurus 92, which I've been very happy with. All the positive comments in this thread about the CZ, including how well it fits their hand, makes me want to try holding one again.[/FONT]

Top Bottom