• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    yep been shaved and i load 250gr .454 RN lead at 650fps in 45AR cases......it is a hoot to shoot....:)

adventures-of-sherlock-holmes-1939.jpg

"I approve of this message....." :)

And grips for the Earl por favour....:)

1971dodge

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    That model 49 that Indiucky has is so nice I’m just glad I was a caretaker for a while of it and I blame Indiucky on me getting to revolvers and both me and my wife use are for night stand guns and I use mine for edc. Nothing beats them. I love my model pre37 and my wife uses a 37 from 64

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Look what followed me home today.

I stopped in at Top Shot Armory in South Bend just to see what they had. This was in the used case. I asked to see it. It's barely been fired. The price was good but the guy said he could do better and knocked $40 off. I said "I'll take it."

The guys there are really nice. They have lots of stuff AR related too. And they are expanding.

RNGgJuH.jpg

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Nice Score! you did well! I've carried mine since 1997 and never disappointed. Grab up a couple speedstrips, and inside pocket holster, and a clip on In Waistband Holster(IWB). I load up Golden Sabres 38 Spec +P. Also have some Nyclads with Teflon coating. Good luck and shoot straight!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Look what followed me home today.

I stopped in at Top Shot Armory in South Bend just to see what they had. This was in the used case. I asked to see it. It's barely been fired. The price was good but the guy said he could do better and knocked $40 off. I said "I'll take it."

The guys there are really nice. They have lots of stuff AR related too. And they are expanding.

RNGgJuH.jpg
    I have been carrying one similar in a pocket holster for about 6 years. I really like it. I keep it loaded with Hornady Critical Defense 38+P's

I like the enclosed hammer for pocket carry. Keeps the crud out. I did do a spring kit to lighten the trigger a little. I love it.

luger fan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2018
    Indy
    But...but...how can you not love the beauty, feel and warmth that a brick shape Tupperware gun has compared to the ugly Python, Registered Magnum or nasty Korth?:dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I'll do a bunch of dry fire tonight then off to the range tomorrow to try it out. I've never shot a J-frame before. I've got some 158 FMJ to try. I might pick up some 125 on the way tomorrow. I did buy the 130 gr HST mirco today too. I'll give them a try.

I did get a pocket holster when I bought the gun. I've had it in my pocket since I got home a few hours ago. I could get used to this I think.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I'll do a bunch of dry fire tonight then off to the range tomorrow to try it out. I've never shot a J-frame before. I've got some 158 FMJ to try. I might pick up some 125 on the way tomorrow. I did buy the 130 gr HST mirco today too. I'll give them a try.

I did get a pocket holster when I bought the gun. I've had it in my pocket since I got home a few hours ago. I could get used to this I think.

I don't even feel it in my pocket anymore. I think you will like it. We need to make a range trip. It has been a while. I'll let you put some 357's threw mine. They make your hand ring a little lol. I think +P's are great out of it. I do have overmould grips on mine. I have big hands and it feels nice in my hand. The stock grips feel to small for me. You will have to handle mine to see what you think. I love the little gun. It's easy to hide and comfortable to carry.

I have probably 150+rounds threw mine of live fire. Probably 10 times that dry fired. I can stage the trigger every time now. Once you get a feel for it you can make some really good shots that way. I take it apart every few years to make sure it is not filled with lint and crud but it is clean as a whistle inside.

I have a bunch of ammo if you wanna make a range trip. Let me know.

SteelDude91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2018
    NWI
    Maybe it's because it's just because of what I grew up with but I regularly carry wheel guns. Either a Ruger Speed Six with the 2 3/4 barrel or an older Charter Arms Bulldog in 44spc, I also carry a Sig p229 but I never feel uncomfortable with the wheels.

Top Bottom