• Which of these do ya like best?

• Total voters

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    My girlfriend is looking for her first pistol and we looked at a bunch of em and made a list as to ones she liked so I'm making a poll of said firearms just to get an opinion and for somethin to do, what says you? And I kno the whole speech I'll get about having her feel em in her hand and yada yada yada, we're over that already, just want you to pick a gun and give a thought or 5 on why...If you pick a choice that has more than one gun tell which gun

Last edited:

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Team XD! A reliable striker fired pistol. I have the subcompact 9mm. It's in between the Glock 26 and Glock 19 in size, which is perfect for me. Great round capacity in a small firearm, but big enough to seriously reduce the recoil of your standard subcompact. I also really like the grip safety.

Glock10MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    What is your intended purpose for the pistol?

Range and, HD: XDM, PPQ, P30.

CCW: PM9, PPS or, the Shield. All three of these are easily concealed and, comfortable to carry all day.

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    She is wanting something to carry, but also needs it reliable and accurate enough to use for qualifying for the sheriffs posse

Ausra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    SW Indy
    my wife has the nano and loves it. its very easily concealable and not much recoil. i was suprised with this gun. its her carry gun but she also likes shooting it at the range. my only complaint with it is that it only holds 6 rounds in the mag.

Wesley929

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    NW INDY
    I've had my PM9 for a few years now.
    Its extremely light and easy to carry all day.
    It's surprisingly accurate and easy to shoot for such a small gun.
    The only downsides that are usually associated with it are low capacity (7 rds w/ flush mag and 1 in the tube) and recoil but neither have bothered me much.

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    Team XD! A reliable striker fired pistol. I have the subcompact 9mm. It's in between the Glock 26 and Glock 19 in size, which is perfect for me. Great round capacity in a small firearm, but big enough to seriously reduce the recoil of your standard subcompact. I also really like the grip safety.

I'm another XD fan. I absolutely love my XD-9 Service.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I am a die hard SIG guy. However, I don't think you will find a better gun than the Walther PPQ.

It has the best stock trigger out there. Made in Germany with all the proof marks. The fit and ergonomics/comfortability of the gun are second only to the HK P30 and the gun is super accurate.

Many complained about the paddle/triggerguard mag release and Walther listened. The PPQ is now available with the button mag release.

But hey, don't listen to me:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcV7l4AjeXk[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_QhiTa-7OA[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stSSViGh-gY[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzvALwhUbjQ[/ame]

Finally, Glock, H&K, & Wilson Combat sponsored Larry Vickers on the Walther PPQ:
    Walther PPQ - M4Carbine.net Forums

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    I have both an older XD40 that I love, never had a problem with it (2K roinds through it) but it's the compact and recoil is a little stout. I have the XDM in 45ACP and love it as well, again no issues of any kind.

2 main deciding points for any handgun are purpose and fit. What are the intended main reasons for owning and is it comfortable, if it ain't comfortable it won't work right.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    My wife and I went through this a couple of weekends ago. We looked at most of what you mentioned. She decided she wanted a single stack. Against my objections, we bought a Ruger LC9 for her. Shot it two days later and she really liked it. That is what is important, not whether I like it or not. She had of course had a fair amount of handgun experience prior to this but wanted her own EDC.

Cowboy45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Whitley County
    I am interested in the fact there are no 1911 options in this poll.. My lady has a 1911 I got her a few months ago.. She likes the easy trigger pull.. She has very small fingers so it was hard to find her something she could feel comfortable with.. She also liked seeing a physical hammer.. Also the 1911 looks "pretty" in her words..

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Px4 Storm in 9mm is what my wife has. Went through the process of "trying" them on and she decided she liked the full size Px4 due to her long fingers. Its easy for her to disassemble, light enough for her to shot for hours on end, is fairly concealable when she carries, and she picked it out after I gave her a few other options she may of liked.

Top Bottom