• Which of these do ya like best?

• Total voters

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Out of the choices listed I voted XD. I HAD an XD40SC, and it is one of those pistols that I regret getting rid of. Oh well, hindsight being 20/20 I guess I'll just have to buy another one later on down the road. Second Pick would have been the LC9.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    She is wanting something to carry, but also needs it reliable and accurate enough to use for qualifying for the sheriffs posse

Since she is using it double purpose, I'd probably stick with something larger than a "pocket pistol"....

XDm
    Shield
    PX4
    Rami

I've shot all four and like all 4... I carry a Rami because I think metal is sexy and I like the CZ75 platform. The XDm and Shield are both nice pistols and the PX4 is a happy medium between the 3. My range buddies both owned PX4's at one point and both regret ever getting rid of them (they traded them for 1911's). IMO its one of the most underrated compacts out.

Good luck finding a Rami.... I also owned a Ruger SR9c and it was a great pistol, but it was tough to rack the slide for my fiance. Make sure she operates all of them to see which she is most comfortable with. My Rami is easier to rack than the Ruger, but the PX4 storm was VERY easy to rack

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I would go with the px4 as in my earlier post. As you said happy medium, and she'll enjoy it for many many years.

jqunac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    I like the Walthers both PPS and PPQ. For carry I'd suggest the PPS it is small enough to conceal but large enough to shoot well. It has proved to be accurate and dependable.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Well, I NORMALLY, would vote S&W, but to keep the poll honest, I have no experience, with the shield. So, I have shot the XD/XDM, can't remember which one.. Anyway it is a ,40 cal. I like the gun, but not a fan of .40..... My buddy, carried it when he was LEO ....:twocents:

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    Well some bad news, she held my XDm in .45 and she couldn't quite fit her hand very well, so I'm thinking a single stack 9 with a barrel over 3.5 inches, maybe a sig

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    Stay away from the EAA Witness as certain calibers have had a lot of problems. If you get a good one they are nice. I like the CZ but carry a 1911 in 10mm.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    The xdm has a big grip. It really doesn't work for my wife. However, she loves my m&p shield, which I think is a very nice firearm, and I'd highly recommend it.

davidrock0011

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    I have my Glocks 9mm for myself I just bought it new from my friend.. Its looks so nice but the accuracy also 100% under the 100 yards. So I think its the wonderful deal for yourself you can buy this same for your gf or wife also yourself..

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    I am interested in the fact there are no 1911 options in this poll.. My lady has a 1911 I got her a few months ago.. She likes the easy trigger pull.. She has very small fingers so it was hard to find her something she could feel comfortable with.. She also liked seeing a physical hammer.. Also the 1911 looks "pretty" in her words..

I'm pretty sure my girlfriend is out of her mind completely because she is the only person I've ever met that thinks 1911's are ugly.... Makes me wanna cry

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Actually, I'd go with the CZ 75B compact. It's about the same size as the Witness, but has better build quality. It's also about $100 cheaper than the CZ 2075 Rami last time I checked.

Cowboy45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Whitley County
    Oh My!!!

I'm pretty sure my girlfriend is out of her mind completely because she is the only person I've ever met that thinks 1911's are ugly.... Makes me wanna cry

I honestly don't think I have ever heard some use the words "ugly" and "1911" in the same sentence!! That's insanity.. I would prolly cry to.. Although all my hand guns are 1911s except for the ruger GP100 and Mark III so i wouldnt have to worry about one being "borrowed".. My girlfriends mom carrys a Glock 26.. She has small hands but she handles it well..

Top Bottom