• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    I'll post a pic after work. Long story short, I live in a housing addition, went to walk the dogs, noticed a pile of aggregate by my house. Took a closer look and SHAZAM, there's a hole in my concrete block, about the size of a tennis ball. The pile of aggregate was where some critter kicked it out of the hole.

That was a first. Any concrete guys on here seen such a thing?

thanks

vesx3p.jpg

2hdqt7m.jpg

Last edited:

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'll post a pic after work. Long story short, I live in a housing addition, went to walk the dogs, noticed a pile of aggregate by my house. Took a closer look and SHAZAM, there's a hole in my concrete block, about the size of a tennis ball. The pile of aggregate was where some critter kicked it out of the hole.

That was a first. Any concrete guys on here seen such a thing?

thanks

Cyborg termites !!!! I saw it on YouTube so it must be real :laugh::laugh:

SubicWarrior1988 Hmmmmm. I spent some time there in 1968 while going through Navy Diving School. Oceans 11, Seven Seas Club, Papagayos, The Cherry Club, not to mention all the great bands playing in those clubs. Got to make a body recovery dive right below the bridge going over &%$# River between the base and Olangapo City. All just fond memories now that we turned the base back over to the Philippines.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    If you've got a critter tough enough to chew through your concrete block foundation you might wanna leave it alone. Just sayin'...

YETB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    Indy - West
    Rats will chew through cement and cinder blocks.

Wouldn't believe it if we didn't experience this personally when I was a kid. (we had out building with some small livestock).

Set a snap trap and see what snaps...

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    Rats will chew through cement and cinder blocks.

Wouldn't believe it if we didn't experience this personally when I was a kid. (we had out building with some small livestock).

Set a snap trap and see what snaps...

That was my first thought. I've had pet rats, they can even get out of the metal cages if they are determined enough.

Rat traps or a steel plate is about your only hope if it is rats. Good luck - they are stubborn critters.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So it dug out all that pea gravel from under your foundation?! WTH?!

It's a rat. What else does it have to do? Check its voice mail? Read the TPS memo? Pay bills for the 15th?

You can get a lot done if you are a nimble forest creature and have focus.:D

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    A very efficient rat, this happened over a weekend. I mowed late last week. I thought about sealing the hole but then thought maybe it would just eat another hole in my foundation to get out. lol.

It's either D-CON or a rat trap. I called 2 local exterminators and they thought that I'd eaten the Red pill.

BarryJaxon

Shooter
    Rating - 50%
    0   1   1
    Feb 23, 2011
    A rat can chew thru metal water or drain lines if they`re determined,get on`em now,you`ll be lucky not to end up with a cracked slab and uneven surface!($)

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    My guess is that someone chiseled a hole in the block to run that wire through. Instead of patching it properly they just hid it with some pea gravel and dirt. Now some small rodent has dug through the loose stuff. Nothing that I know of is going to chew through block.
    Edit:
    After looking at the picture again I see that the heating and air guy is the guilty lazy party. I see this all the time sorry to say.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom