• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Whoa, relax everybody. I'm simply stating that people might not be comfortable with gunfire AND explosions and would consider that something worthy of calling the police on. I live on the outskirts of Plainfield and hear gunshots pretty much all year long from people on their farm close to us. However, if I heard a loud explosion I might be wondering if something bad happened and I might consider calling the police.

That's all I'm saying. Insulting those people who might not be up on what's going on isn't called for.

You came off a bit short on the 1st post so the response was the same.
    If there were repeated gun shots and explosions and no sirens then yes....busy bodys.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    You came off a bit short on the 1st post so the response was the same.
    If there were repeated gun shots and explosions and no sirens then yes....busy bodys.

I'm sorry, but the OP insulted people who weren't aware that gunshots then explosions were perfectly acceptable things to happen, and those who might call the police for such incidents were needing to be insulted.

I was just clarifying his position.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm sorry, but the OP insulted people who weren't aware that gunshots then explosions were perfectly acceptable things to happen, and those who might call the police for such incidents were needing to be insulted.

I was just clarifying his position.

No apology's needed. We all have feelings/opinions/view points. How we present these is how others will respond.
    I think he clarified his position clearly. You made a comment that could have been taken as condescending. That is how I and others read it. No worries.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Yup, we cool.

My offspring insisted on taking the 7mmRM to the indoor range yesterday to see how loud it would be. That one turns heads. BIL has a little range out back and plays with some tannerite (when he can get it to work) but he's out in the countryside, so nobody calls anyone.

[video=youtube;zHofHG1wuiE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHofHG1wuiE&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Might have well been one of the local libtard anti-gun / MDA drone-types that called. Remember, their 'objective' is to take G-R-E-A-T 'offense' at ANYTHING that is even remotely associated with firearms. "OMG, that guy's wearing a (empty) holster, he 'must' be on a shooting spree!" That kind of garbage.

Screw 'em. Call me if ya run out of .22 LR's, now 'discounted' to only $.55 / rnd! :lmfao:

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Man, I miss shooting things and having them blow up. Haven't touched one of my rifles in almost 14 months due to time and availability of a place to shoot them.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Oh heck, I have a few that have gone longer than that. Mostly because I have so many. Even a couple I haven't shot at all yet. I need to just load up the Ford Excrement (or whatever in heck it's called) with rifles and ammunition to go up to the BIL's outside of Ft Wayne and kill me some paper.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oh heck, I have a few that have gone longer than that. Mostly because I have so many. Even a couple I haven't shot at all yet. I need to just load up the Ford Excrement (or whatever in heck it's called) with rifles and ammunition to go up to the BIL's outside of Ft Wayne and kill me some paper.

Lets go.......:):

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    One of us (usually the offspring) has to stay here to tend to the vermin, er dogs, so we should have a seat open.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Well, I needed a real serious case of venting (Reference 25 year marriage in the toilet thread) as I have had kinda a rough week
    So I had planned today to take a scary black gun and some binary around the corner to the neighbors private range and just blow some sh#*t up

Was sitting on the porch this morning and one of the county locals dropped by to visit and discuss the current events, I had made the comment
    that I was gonna go take my mind off of this stuff for a little while and kill some binary and hope ya don`t get any calls :):

Well several hours later I decide to go.........
    8- 1 pounders of H2 individually over a period of a couple of hours
    100 rounds of 9MM
    150ish rounds of 5.56 (Belt loop bump firing the last 30 rd mag)

Picked up some of the brass, cleaned up the left over plastic and came home, (around the corner about 3/4 of a mile) and am sitting outside when the same
    County officer pulls down the driveway, Laughing, "ya been blowing stuff up ?"
    Me: Mayyybeeeee.... with a smile

Yep someone called, loud explosions and automatic gunfire
    Call came from over a mile and a half away :rockwoot:

I hope it makes the police blog in the paper :cool:

On a serious note, someone needs to teach the sheeple that 1: it is perfectly legal
    and 2: the difference between real full auto fire and rapid firing is alot.

Did bring my spirits up a tad today so it was worth it.

Rick

when the crap started with my ex wife(right after she left)i was invited to a friends 4th of july party, and he's a full auto guy(all legal) he handed me his s&w model 76 and a box of 100 rounds, and a h&k mark3 with a can on it and 50 rounds...and said have fun!

my daughter was with me and said it was the first time im 3 weeks that i smiled!

glad you had fun, its good to vent! and if the tannerite was in her wedding dress, all the better!

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I can see that point. Explosions, as legal as they may be, are unusual, and do often indicate something wrong.

I live a mile north of Broadripple and we hear "explosions" all the time (as well as gunfire, probably into the White river from the Riverwood area). It is usually just fireworks since they "legalized" them. Someone down here must have some class B fireworks because they are much louder than the consumer stuff.

Top Bottom