• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    In '85 my first born cost me a total of $450, in '90 number 2 didn't cost me a dime. I was gainfully employed (2 different jobs) each time. I seriously doubt anybody is taking home a newborn for those numbers nowadays unless you're uninsured, illegal, etc.

when my 5yo was born, it was conveniently within a few hundred of our 9k out-of-pocket max.

To be fair, when was the last time your insurance went down? Last I checked it only ratcheted one way no matter who was in charge. remember who profits from it, doctoring isn't the flush job it once was, the additional cost is going to employ paper pushers. It still costs 450 to have the baby, it just costs 8k to fill out and file the paperwork. That's why there's a growing market (and slight discount) to pay for services to the provider directly without going through insurance.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    Just out of curiosity, but should you also "hate" conservatives too? Both houses, the presidency, and the votes to change your current predicament. I mean they did complain about it for 8 years.

When is the last time this country had a truly conservative majority, one that honestly wanted to keep the government small? I'm not talking about a moderate Republican majority either as we all know thats not much better than the left being in charge.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Just out of curiosity, but should you also "hate" conservatives too? Both houses, the presidency, and the votes to change your current predicament. I mean they did complain about it for 8 years.

Make no mistake, I’m not fond of 99% of the politicians in D.C.. Those who are actually opposed to killing babies and who claim to recognize the principles this country was founded on are willing to compromise those beliefs for personal gain. Doesn’t change the fact that it wouldn’t be necessary if the left weren’t cancerous heathens hell bent on depravity, division and enslaving this country.

Sufficient explanation?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Not sure what that EOB has to do with liberals. I had a $3k per person deductible on our HsA plan 10 years ago and was thrilled with it. Of course the premium was 30% as much as it is now, and max OOP was $5000 instead of $10000. Is that more of what you were getting at?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The rules/regs. are so ****ed up right now it is mind boggling. My out of pocket will keep me working until I am dead.

We're in a similar boat......Wife is in the business and we were able to calculate exactly how much Obamacare cost us with my two operations.....Not counting the $300 per month increased premium it came to about $30,000.....I'll be working until I am dead...A well dressed young lady tried to panhandle from me at Kroger's right after we had figured that out.....She got a bit of a rant and IIRC correctly I showed her my $30,000 stomach tattoos with a "You seem like a really nice girl but I can't afford to take care of okay??? You need to buck up and take care of yourself..Now excuse me while I get on with making America ******* great again!!!! You'll love it when I am through...I promise you...You'll have the joy of buying something from your own efforts...."

When I came back out she was gone.....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We're in a similar boat......Wife is in the business and we were able to calculate exactly how much Obamacare cost us with my two operations.....Not counting the $300 per month increased premium it came to about $30,000.....I'll be working until I am dead...A well dressed young lady tried to panhandle from me at Kroger's right after we had figured that out.....She got a bit of a rant and IIRC correctly I showed her my $30,000 stomach tattoos with a "You seem like a really nice girl but I can't afford to take care of okay??? You need to buck up and take care of yourself..Now excuse me while I get on with making America ******* great again!!!! You'll love it when I am through...I promise you...You'll have the joy of buying something from your own efforts...."

We are into some very serious issues with the spouse as well. Small intestine transplant is looming on the horizon. Getting some weight back on her that was lost when we were fighting inside the system. Our exact out of pocket has not yet been calculated but it will be life changing.

And we mixed it up with a pan handler outside a store yesterday as well. My patience is gone for these people. He found out just how far gone it is when he hit me up going in and coming out.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky

You're far more gracious than I, Sir. I just yell very loudly "GO AWAY"!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Not sure what that EOB has to do with liberals. I had a $3k per person deductible on our HsA plan 10 years ago and was thrilled with it. Of course the premium was 30% as much as it is now, and max OOP was $5000 instead of $10000. Is that more of what you were getting at?

What I'm getting at is that after working and paying for health insurance for the past 23 years, I am much worse off since it was decided that people in this country have a right to health care. I'm tired of the hypocrites who want to feel like Mother Teresa for "caring" soooooo much about others but not being willing to put their money where their mouths are. They want to force everyone else to sacrifice so they themselves don't have to give up too much.

It didn't used to take 3 months to get an appointment with my PCP. I didn't used to have a $10,000 deductible. It used to be that a family of four's greatest expense was typically a mortgage payment and not paying for the medical care of people they don't know or facing punishment for not doing so. This country used to be founded on freedom.

Last edited:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Today I'm reaping the benefits of the ****ing liberals and their insane agenda. I wish this country could take a few treatments of chemotherapy and be rid of their cancerous existence.

I used to have insurance that actually paid for ****. Thanks Obamacare.
    1pTgRUsh.jpg

I used to be able to do transfers in a reasonable amount of time. Whenever the ****ing morons get their panties in a wad and decide passing new laws will all of a sudden fix things I get to sit through this ridiculous horse****. Trying to transfer a shotgun to a police officer I've known for 20 years and damned sure ain't a prohibited person.
    G7OOjeWh.png

Thanks you bunch of ****ing loony pricks.

I feel ya bro!...my daughters just went off my insurance, 3 years ago, I had 6000 in my hsa, and a daughter who had liver issues! in December she hit her 2500 dollar deductible, and in January it started all over again

last year it was a 3500 dollar deductible per person, and 10 grand oop, this year I have a 2500 dollar max oop expense (just me)

as for the second photo, register for the nics ez check website, you wont be on hold for an hour, in my case its quicker, I always got sent for further review when I called on myself (someone else in town has my exact name) and since we went to the nicsezcheck I clear as soon as I hit the enter button.

as for you knowing him for 20 years, we had a customer who worked for the doj who always got the 3 day delay, in fact, he was always a "no response given" and 3 days later always got his gun, and I cant tell you how many military guys get delayed, it seams that the higher the security clearance, the more likely they are to get delayed!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I tried calling back an hour ago and got a message that NICS was shut down for maintenance. Called again 5 minutes ago and was transferred to customer service which provided a voice message telling me they were too busy to take calls and hung up.

I'd like to see a NICS requirement for buying Starbucks, see how long this silly **** lasts after that.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    It only gets worse when you try to shop around. My wife needed a shoulder X-ray and thought we could get away cheaper than $2000 and a large OOP. She visited about 6 places, and no one could even tell her how much a simple X-ray cost! What, have they never done X-rays before? They literally COULD NOT GIVE A PRICE! Could you imagine if you went to a car dealer and they couldn't tell you the car price, or went to buy an appliance and they had no idea how much to charge? Looks like it depends on who is paying for it. It was always "your insurance will cover it!" (after a huge OOP) or "somewhere between $500 and $2000."
    The 7th place finally said $60 (plus an undetermined "reading fee").

This is what happens when .gov inserts itself between the service provider and the consumer. :noway:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    When is the last time this country had a truly conservative majority, one that honestly wanted to keep the government small? I'm not talking about a moderate Republican majority either as we all know thats not much better than the left being in charge.
    This is the problem. We have very few actual principled conservatives in either house. They are called whacko birds and relegated to the irrelevant corners and away from any true power.

Top Bottom