• ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I've paid cash for quite a few visits/procedures, back when I still had the money and I was in civil disobedience against obamascare. Nobody was unable to quote a price, and they were always overjoyed to get paid in monopoly FRNs instead of having to tango with the insurance and .gov. I had discounts up to 45%, which tells you how much is wasted bureacratically, mostly following .gov rules & regulations, dotting the T's and crossing the I's.

After they'd put me on disability, I had a prescription for hydrocodone, which is the devil to some of these clowns, and I had to mommy-may-I to get more than 1 week out of four covered. The sick joke was, just for ***** and grins I asked them what the cash price was, and if I paid cash, it was literally just a couple dollars a month more and I wouldn't have the insurance going all nonlinear on me.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    After they'd put me on disability, I had a prescription for hydrocodone, which is the devil to some of these clowns, and I had to mommy-may-I to get more than 1 week out of four covered. The sick joke was, just for ***** and grins I asked them what the cash price was, and if I paid cash, it was literally just a couple dollars a month more and I wouldn't have the insurance going all nonlinear on me.

Consider yourself lucky to have the prescription. I'm dealing with chronic pain, haven't slept through the night in over two years, and no one wants to help. Thanks to the opiod epidemic you can't ask for pain meds any more or you're labeled an addict. I'll be looking for a liver transplant within a couple of years as bourbon is the only thing that dulls the pain.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Consider yourself lucky to have the prescription. I'm dealing with chronic pain, haven't slept through the night in over two years, and no one wants to help. Thanks to the opiod epidemic you can't ask for pain meds any more or you're labeled an addict. I'll be looking for a liver transplant within a couple of years as bourbon is the only thing that dulls the pain.

800 Mg Ibuprofen is my sleeping script. It lasts about 6 hrs. on a good night.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    A stiff glass of whiskey and a sleep number type bed are mine. That bed is the best money I ever spent on my back. It's the first time in decades I can remember not waking up in pain; it still surprises me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A stiff glass of whiskey and a sleep number type bed are mine. That bed is the best money I ever spent on my back. It's the first time in decades I can remember not waking up in pain; it still surprises me.

We have been looking at these. Not seen a California king size. That is what we have and do not want to loose the realestate.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Unfortunately Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen nor Naproxen does anything for me. It's my shoulder so it doesn't matter what type of bed I'm in, the experience is the same.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

We looked at the sleep number beds. Wicked expensive.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Unfortunately Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen nor Naproxen does anything for me. It's my shoulder so it doesn't matter what type of bed I'm in, the experience is the same.

Ugh, I know what you're going through, sorry to hear it. I was getting intense pain in my right side for years. Got worse as I slept, so I could only get ~4 hours sleep before the pain woke me up and I couldn't go back to sleep. The Doctor wouldn't give me anything stronger than some weak a$$ non-narcotic something that didn't alleviate the pain at all. I finally started sleeping in a recliner, which I did for almost 2 years before the pain mostly went away. Doctor had wanted me to have some crazy expensive operation that was going to cost me thousands of dollars. I slept in a recliner instead and while it wasn't the most comfortable, it got me through. I don't know if that would help you, with your shoulder, but you might give it a try if you have a recliner available. Good luck.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Ugh, I know what you're going through, sorry to hear it. I was getting intense pain in my right side for years. Got worse as I slept, so I could only get ~4 hours sleep before the pain woke me up and I couldn't go back to sleep. The Doctor wouldn't give me anything stronger than some weak a$$ non-narcotic something that didn't alleviate the pain at all. I finally started sleeping in a recliner, which I did for almost 2 years before the pain mostly went away. Doctor had wanted me to have some crazy expensive operation that was going to cost me thousands of dollars. I slept in a recliner instead and while it wasn't the most comfortable, it got me through. I don't know if that would help you, with your shoulder, but you might give it a try if you have a recliner available. Good luck.

Thanks. I "slept" in our reclining love seat for three months after my last surgery.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    You can try the Sleep Number bed for like 30 days, I think, and return it if you don't like it. I have issues with my neck that can cause excruciating pain and numbness to travel down my left arm. I love our Sleep Number bed. We did the interest-free financing when we got ours.

Top Bottom