• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • copper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    Shelby County
    I don't really do much hating but, I do Hate Thieves.

Last week my shed was robbed lost my tiller , craftsman Power Miter saw, and they even took my five gallon full gas can.
    So I'm thinking of home surveillance camera's. The officer suggested that i may even want to use deer cams. I am wondering if anyone else is using deer cams for their home?

On a good note I guess they were not interested in my Johnson 9.9 outboard it's still in the shed.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't really do much hating but, I do Hate Thieves.

Last week my shed was robbed lost my tiller , craftsman Power Miter saw, and they even took my five gallon full gas can.
    So I'm thinking of home surveillance camera's. The officer suggested that i may even want to use deer cams. I am wondering if anyone else is using deer cams for their home?

On a good note I guess they were not interested in my Johnson 9.9 outboard it's still in the shed.

OB to heavy to run off with.

I hate thieves in the worst possible way.
    Have you had any scrappers rolling through your area lately. They are not to be trusted.

ARRAY

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    Griffith
    Better keep an eye out, they will probably come back for the motor at a later time, happened to me years ago, house was broke into and they only took a few thing and then about 3 months later I was cleaned out while the wife and I were away for the weekend. Deer cams are a good idea. the more the better.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    Better keep an eye out, they will probably come back for the motor at a later time, happened to me years ago, house was broke into and they only took a few thing and then about 3 months later I was cleaned out while the wife and I were away for the weekend. Deer cams are a good idea. the more the better.

Pardon my ignorance on deer cams but will it send the pic via wireless or bluetooth to storage device? Seems simple enough to me to just take the deer cam along with everything else being taken...

ARRAY

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    Griffith
    they are meant to be concealed and you can put them up high, thieves won't even notice them. they will be worried about getting in and getting back out , they won't be looking around in the trees and whatnot

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    they are meant to be concealed and you can put them up high, thieves won't even notice them. they will be worried about getting in and getting back out , they won't be looking around in the trees and whatnot

Only thing is, it wouldn't seem beneficial to have cameras unless the video or pictures was of a high enough quality to EASILY identify the perp.

I think I'm going to go with something with a motion light and a loud horn on my two barns.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    OB to heavy to run off with.

I hate thieves in the worst possible way.
    Have you had any scrappers rolling through your area lately. They are not to be trusted.
    ^^ this!
    my wife stopped a guy that walked up my drive, under the carport and said "I'll just TAKE these batteries"!
    my wife said "no you won't, and you better get of my property!"
    luckily, he turned and left.
    sone people have big balls. He's lucky I wasn't home!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    This is cool... I just got a call from the Sheriff dept. They have the guy and my stuff....
    Awesome!
    too bad we can't have a free shot(not gun shot) at these scumbags when their caught.
    law enforcement (and courts) usually doesn't do enough to discourage them from repeating their crimes!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    ^^ this!
    my wife stopped a guy that walked up my drive, under the carport and said "I'll just TAKE these batteries"!

Everything in a scrapers truck has been "Taken" from someone somewhere.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    ^^ this!

The heck?

I've never run into anything like this before. Do they just drive up and offer to take stuff, or what?

Top Bottom