• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    This is cool... I just got a call from the Sheriff dept. They have the guy and my stuff....

COOL!! Did they say anything about you getting to use sharp instruments ?

Might I suggest a grassy knoll from a distance of say 3-500 yards? Give the perp, er I mean, the poor misguided child who is just starting to turn his life around, a sporting chance!:ar15:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    When my boy was about twelve he earned money doing odd jobs and bought himself a nice bike. The next day he left it in the front yard and at 2 am Sunday morning a scrapper walked in the yard picked it up and was about to throw it in his truck when the lady next door walked out (going to work) and confronted him. He said, they've got it out for the trash. She said, No they don't! That's a brand new bike. Put it back and get out of here.

He did.

sht4brnz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    N.IndNpls
    My experience with scrappers is exactly as stated above. They won't bother asking and will continue to help themselves to whatever they feel until confronted. Then they just return when no one is around.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Now if it's between the sidewalk and the curb (i.e. the park strip), the rule is it's fair game in my old neighborhood. It didn't matter what junk I put out - it'd be gone.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I had a refrigerator out front of the garage for a few weeks, then moved it down to the street and called a place to come get it. They didn't make it in time.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I made one out of a cheap motion detector and used a bright spot light on one and a screw in plug on the other that has a bell from an old fire alarm bell.. some you can set a delay on and have it on a switch.. so you have how ever many seconds to get in and flip the breaker or switch off or the bell will loosen fillings... had maybe 15.00 in it. Still works.

Only thing is, it wouldn't seem beneficial to have cameras unless the video or pictures was of a high enough quality to EASILY identify the perp.

I think I'm going to go with something with a motion light and a loud horn on my two barns.

Top Bottom