• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Right, and see your responses to their answers to your question. It's a forum, and you will hear from folks from time to time who know a great deal about certain topics, and explain things in great detail.

I was just suggesting that you not take things so personally. You can really learn a lot from these people, even though they may appear to be "rude" at times.

I've learned alot from poeple around here, and will continue to. I have asked tons of questions, and a lot of answers have been smart ass answers. I can deal with that bc I am a smart ass myself, thats different than being rude, just becuase you say "Im not trying to be rude" doesnt mean you arent being rude. Like I said, I'm completely fine with someone being a smart ass, but not being talked to like I am a child or being called a prick.

Pinball81

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    Why wouldnt they move the 1500 to a larger location so everything isnt so jam packed? Wouldn't the convention center be a better option?

Simple reason they won't use the Convention Center... the city doesn't want that many people running around downtown with guns!!! :rockwoot:

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    Hdfb03, I will try not to sound rude here. Do you own a business?

Here's why I ask:
    Lines are bad? Tell that to Pat's cheesesteak in Philly. Been there forever. Could have made it bigger. Lines are up to two blocks long at lunch. But what happens when the line is short is short between meals? You still gotta heat and light the place. Bad for business? Then why are thy still in business?

Do you have any clue as to the price in the fairgrounds versus the convention center?

Turning away people because of long lines? Hmmm, they were at capacity. As far at that show goes, you cannot ask for more.

So the show moves downtown. Next you'll be here complaining of parking prices. Just wait till a major sporting event is the same weekend. Good luck parking anywhere close or cheaply.

Sorry, but business is good for them. Or at least good enough. You may not like the lines, but that doesn't change business 101.

I normally stay out of these type agrements, but if this is business 101, no one would ever expand. Yes, that business model has worked for Pat's Cheescake, and if it was THE perfect model, everyone would be using it. But, don't tell that to REI or Jungle Jim's, that both have expanded and expanded, and look where they are today.

Yes, I think the Indy 1500 needs to expand, maybe use more than one building at the fairgrounds (no I would not want to go downtown).

And yes, you came across as rude and a smartass. -- Greg

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'd be happy if they made visitors shower before entering. There's a surprising number of adults in Indiana who have never learned basic hygiene. :puke:

augdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Sheridan
    I would have to agree with Pinball 81. the people of Indy could not handle people walking around with guns on their shoulders in the great downtown!

JAFO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 16, 2012
    I'm not sure what owning a business has to do with anything here?? The question was about hosting the event so everyone had more room.
    and I agree, anytime someone start the conversation with "I'm not trying to be", usually winds up being that way... intended or not.
    Seems like a simple question.. that got many good replies
    and when did it become OK to call people "%*icks" on here? Speaking of growing a business INGO.. that seems like a good way to lose plenty of it.

Top Bottom