I have not gone over to the darkside, However...........

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Anybody that knows me knows I am an avid 1911 fan. I have owned several Glocks but never "bonded" with any of them and have sold them and moved on.
    But recently people have been asking me about milling slides to accept RMR sights but nobody has been willing to let me practice on their gun :) So I picked one up for myself to see what is involved.

I learned somethings and made 1 that mistake that upset me but overall I my very well bond with this G19. Especially since I have a Suppressor tax stamp pending.

Stock G19 with extras, Trijicon RMR 325 dot adjustable sight, Tall suppressor sights for co witness and a Lone Wolf Threaded barrel.

Cost so far was $750.00 plus the gun

Lesson 1 I see some places move the RMR to the rear and put the dovetail cut for the irons in front of the RMR. I imaging this is why. The hole is for the firing pin safety spring and it will still have a base to rest against so I don't see an issue apart from cosmetic. I also anticipated having room for 2 alignment pins for the sight but the sight it to wide and the holes partially hang over the sides.
    Having CNC was nice for making the small arc for the front of the sight. The sight holds down tight I doubt it will move but the alignment pins were something I wanted. I could modify an adapter plate but that would raise the sight to high to co witness and I cant go any deeper with my cut.

I cut some front serrations around Glock and did a reveal cut on the corners just because

Refinished it in Cerakote Armorers Black.

Here is my worst mistake, You can see the gap infront of the sight is to large. I allowed myself to get distracted and talk with someone while making my final cuts and made a couple passes too many. Oh well

CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'm interested to hear if you notice the lense getting dirty. That lense is right behind the chamber unprotected.

Slide mounted microdots might become fairly standard in the coming years. Cool project!

P.S.
    I wouldn't even have noticed the gap.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I'm interested to hear if you notice the lense getting dirty. That lense is right behind the chamber unprotected.

Slide mounted microdots might become fairly standard in the coming years. Cool project!

P.S.
    I wouldn't even have noticed the gap.

Possibly another reason for moving the sight back to the end of the slide.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Allen, I can see that the gap distresses you greatly. Tell you what ... as a favor to a fellow INGOer, I'll trade you even-up that butchered monstrosity for a stock G19.

I know, I know ... it's just not a fair trade. But sometimes we just have to be willing to step up to the plate for one another in the name of brotherhood and the 2nd Amendment. :D

Looks pretty good to me. I mean, for a screw-up, that is.

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    That looks gorgeous. I just got a Glock 21 at the 1500 and was about to get ahold of you to see if you were able to do this type of work. For now though I'm going to get ahold of you to do some cerakoting sometime soon on it. anyway I'm rambling, very nice job though! Will get ahold of you soon to see when I can bring it in.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Allen, I can see that the gap distresses you greatly. Tell you what ... as a favor to a fellow INGOer, I'll trade you even-up that butchered monstrosity for a stock G19.

I know, I know ... it's just not a fair trade. But sometimes we just have to be willing to step up to the plate for one another in the name of brotherhood and the 2nd Amendment. :D

Looks pretty good to me. I mean, for a screw-up, that is.

I do appreciate that but I need to hang on to it as a reminder of what not to do :(

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    That looks gorgeous. I just got a Glock 21 at the 1500 and was about to get ahold of you to see if you were able to do this type of work. For now though I'm going to get ahold of you to do some cerakoting sometime soon on it. anyway I'm rambling, very nice job though! Will get ahold of you soon to see when I can bring it in.

LMK

Top Bottom