• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Some of us prefer to be able to sleep at night, not getting paid hefty sums of money to keep them out of where they belong.

Jail is not at issue with what I do, just money...and I'll not complain about my income, but TV has it pretty wrong.

...I would add that my colleagues protecting the Constitutional rights of the accused are, in doing that, protecting us all.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    Jail is not at issue with what I do, just money...and I'll not complain about my income, but TV has it pretty wrong.

...I would add that my colleagues protecting the Constitutional rights of the accused are, in doing that, protecting us all.

I'll argue that the whole attorney/client privelege thing and knowingly argue for those who confess to said crime to their attorney makes one amongst the lowest life forms of society and the whole "proetecting Constitutional rights" thing a complete load of crap.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'll argue that the whole attorney/client privelege thing and knowingly argue for those who confess to said crime to their attorney makes one amongst the lowest life forms of society and the whole "proetecting Constitutional rights" thing a complete load of crap.

And thanks to the 1st Amendment....and lawyers...you can hold that opinion and proclaim it from the rooftops if you like.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

You would convert one's employee into an agent of the State? Have one's attorney rat on you? Perhaps other privileges should be abolished to turn one's spouse or doctor or cleric into an agent of the State?

INGO: NSA spying on me, a very bad thing. My attorney spying on me, a very good thing.:D

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Hey HoughMade (and Kirk), do you know what all those sleazy lawyers were doing when Doctors where putting leeches on George Washington to cure what ailed him?

Writing the Constitution of the United States of America.:lmfao:

I saw a lawyer buddy of mine zing a doctor friend with that one after the doctor had made a lawyer joke.....

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    I'd choose to be the agent of the state over a murderer, rapist, child molester, arsonist, burglar, etc than to not have enough of a soul to watch the victims and their friends/family grieve in a court room while these scumbags are paid to try to let them walk away a free man. Then again, I was raised to distinguish right from wrong.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    I'd choose to be the agent of the state over a murderer, rapist, child molester, arsonist, burglar, etc than to not have enough of a soul to watch the victims and their friends/family grieve in a court room while these scumbags are paid to try to let them walk away a free man. Then again, I was raised to distinguish right from wrong.

Got some hate for the lawyers do you? Hope you never need one, but you would defend your case yourself I would guess.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

And letting the State put anyone its want in prison without a Constitutionally adequate defense is right?

What other Constitutional rights don't other people deserve?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    DUI bikes... LOL.. that crap wouldn't fly back in PA... even scooters require registration/insurance/motorcycle license endorsement... Something tells me there'd be a lot of 10-speeds purchased if that law showed up in IN

Starting Jan 1, plates will be required in Indiana. I'm torn about this, on one hand it's good that these cycles are controlled, on the other hand, my motorcycle plate was the one distinguishing marker (along with ATGATT) that separated my big scooter from the Chinese DUI-scooters.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Don't know who's it was. There's always a plethora of DUI bikes there.

Without sensible gun control, there will be blood in the streets as many people just start shooting each other

Anytime I see anyone over the age of 16 riding a scooter, I automatically assume they're an alcoholic.

Gun owners are just mass murderers waiting to happen

Drunkcycles Hornandy...The correct nomenclature is "drunkcycles".......:):

Guns are for ignorant rednecks

This is exactly why I won't buy one!!!

Guns owners are evil, therefor I won't buy one

I call them "liquor sickle"

Why do you carry a gun everywhere, does it make up for your lack of manhood?

RANT ON
    Sure glad to know that all you guys think poorly of my wife. She went thru the ABATE motorcycle safety class, got her motorcycle endorsement, and enjoys riding her scooter to and from work on nice days. Since it gets right at 100mpg, that is one week of driving on one gallon of gas. But she just drives it cuz she was stoopid enough to get caught driving while drunk. And I am glad to know that when you pass us as we ride around, enjoying ourselves, that the foremost thought in your brain will be that I am some sort of an idiot, since the only reason I would be riding a scooter with my wife behind me is because I lost my license. Don't matter that my first ABATE course was in 1990, that I ride 135 miles for work, or that I have been riding since I was a kid.

All of the statements above the rant are not my true opinions. However, I have heard more than one of the quoted people replying to the general assumption that is made of gun owners, and how ignorant the person is for making it. Guess that only holds true to firearms and second amendment issues. Don't know why I bother to post this, won't change one damn thing.

Rant done.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Oh, relax a little. There will always be those who are prejudiced....but when you see someone with a 50cc scooter at age 45, bloated and on a 34 degree morning....2 and 2 sometimes.

Yes, scooters are fun....but not as fun a motorized bicycles.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011

Yeah! Cause after all, everybody the state drags into a courtroom is guilty of sumfin.:rolleyes:

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    Yeah! Cause after all, everybody the state drags into a courtroom is guilty of sumfin.:rolleyes:

Yeah, that's exactly what I said.

I'd love to see how many of those who champion constitutional rights for the accused would hold the exact same view if they or a loved one watched someone walk that committed a violent act against them. Is it really ok as long as it's NIMBY so to speak? OR Simpson walked a free man, so don't tell me the system REALLY works.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I love my scooters.

With the new plate requirements, im looking to buy another, as mine dont have titles. Have a certificate of origin for one, the other was parts built by me.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Of course there are those that will abuse the laws regarding scooters just like there are those that will abuse laws regarding just about anything. I bought one back in 2006 just to have a fuel efficient alternative to traditional transportation that cost me absolutely nothing to just sit there if I chose not to use it. I've really enjoyed owning it. Not only does it save gas when driven but its also a lot of fun to drive just for the hell of it. I won't be getting plates for it just because they changed the laws. Before you ask, I really don't know what I'll do if I happen to get a ticket because of it. I'll cross that bridge if I come to it. I just know I'll never pay to register it and get plates.

Top Bottom