• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    I'm hoping my Site Supporter status will allow me a pass on that one...

You know, I can't think of a single college course - undergrad or graduate level that wasn't useful... There's probably several engineering courses that were less useful than my history courses. And most courses were less useful than FS470, Wine Appreciation.
    :alcoholic:

And you claim to be a Baptist!!!!!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

tetter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    United States

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Think of this- I have a BA in prelaw with a history minor....talk about useless. I sold cars for 3 years...which is about what that degree is good for. Oh, that and eventually going to law school, but when I got out of college, that was, by no means, a certainty.

Used car salesman to lawyer....

....is that an upward career path?

Amazing how many members with college degrees from propaganda mills have come out of the woodwork on this thread.

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home
    Only tangentially. I took a couple of Asian history classes, but they focused on all Asia, so I haven't read any of his works directly. I'm sure he was probably cited heavily in the books I did read for it!

I'm familiar with him through a Plantagenet connection via the Sylloge of Coins of the British Isles Vol 56. Mass was an avid collector of English short cross pennies 1180-1247 during his time at Oxford. Admittedly though, I know little about his Japanese work.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Used car salesman to lawyer....

....is that an upward career path?

Amazing how many members with college degrees from propaganda mills have come out of the woodwork on this thread.

Yeah, even after 4 years, I was still too smart, so I had to go back again a decade later to get a refresher indoctrination.

It's amazing I survived four years at that ultra-leftist school Purdue and didn't join the Communist party. Maybe it was the Christian organization and ROTC that saved me. Or perhaps it was and the fact I, and my wife, spent our time at College Republican meetings. Although I'm sure my French TA did spout of a bunch of propaganda ... or was that just French I didn't understand? :dunno:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What's all this hate on the Habsburg's? Maria-Theresa is still revered in both Austria and Hungary.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    What's all this hate on the Habsburg's? Maria-Theresa is still revered in both Austria and Hungary.

I am going to say that it is an eastern European thing. They weren't that well regarded on our end of the continent and most of us think first of Marie 'let the eat cake' Antionette. Well, that, and if Leno is descended from that clan, that really doesn't speak well of the family.

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home

So much so that the Austrian Mint restrikes her 1780 dated Thalers to this day and sells them as bullion coins all over the world. You seem like you are interested in history. Check out the history of the Maria Theresa Thaler as official money (and jewelry) in many African countries. Interesting stuff.

an-old-oromo-woman-wears-a-brass-necklace-and-pendant-and-a-silver-B2EPK0.jpg

Top Bottom