• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    several years ago there was an indystar story about some court officers being sent out to grab some citizens for a jury. people just walking by, or sitting on a bench eating lunch, whatever. iirc, they asked people if they were U.S. citizens.

the story said they were allowed to do that, in the particular situation.

did a quick internet search of indystar, but did not find the story.
    I worked for 10 years at Delaware and Washington st. That used to happen all the time. We would NEVER walk on the east side of Delaware for that reason.

javaman3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2011
    I thought I said what it was previous.... in the post. Do you agree we are no longer under the original Constitution, but a commercial maritime one??

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Yeah, that practice goes way back in the English system of law, the name of it escapes me though. It still exists, at least in theory, in most states but is VERY seldom used.

I know this was used a time or two in Brown County Indiana in the late 1970s. My mom used to work in the court house building and she told me about the judge (probably Sam Rosen the mushroom connoisseur in those days) sending the bailiff out to grab some candidates when the jury pool was exhausted.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I expected this response from you :cheers:

if I'm ever on trial I want reasonable people taking it seriously (and open to bribes)

To attempt to avoid jury duty is analogous to dodging the draft!:nono:

A jury is one of the greatest checks on the abuse of political power that can be found in a free society.

No matter what my personal beliefs are, I would always feel privileged to serve.

This is one of the places where "civic duty" has real meaning.

Regards,

Doug

PS - I know some of ya'll are just kidding, but I take this very seriously.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

To attempt to avoid jury duty is analogous to dodging the draft!:nono:

A jury is one of the greatest checks on the abuse of political power that can be found in a free society.

No matter what my personal beliefs are, I would always feel privileged to serve.

This is one of the places where "civic duty" has real meaning.

Regards,

Doug

PS - I know some of ya'll are just kidding, but I take this very seriously.

:+1:

Well said!

It's both a right, a duty and a privilege.
    While some people are trying to avoid jury duty some others which they could serve.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    :+1:

Well said!

It's both a right, a duty and a privilege.
    While some people are trying to avoid jury duty some others which they could serve.

I look upon this as a learning moment. Please share how this works in France. Your country goes back hundreds of years farther back in history than our united colonies, from Roman Gaul to the Frankish kingdoms to post medieval monarchy to today. With that much history there must be much within the French court system of historic concern.

Doug

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

I look upon this as a learning moment. Please share how this works in France. Your country goes back hundreds of years farther back in history than our united colonies, from Roman Gaul to the Frankish kingdoms to post medieval monarchy to today. With that much history there must be much within the French court system of historic concern.

Doug

I'm no expert on the court system, either American or French, but I think it's quite similar when it comes to jury duty.
    You're picked at random from the voter registration list, you need to be a citizen, be over 23 and not have a job that could get you disqualified (politician, police officer, prison guard, judge etc).

I know you can get paid too, 84 Euro per day ($100).
    Plus the court will pay your gas or give you a first class train ticket, plus pay you $11 per hour if you're missing work to go to jury duty.
    They can pay for your hotel as well if the court toom is too far away from your home.

I think trying to avoid jury duty is a purely American thing though.

Over here if you don't show up for jury duty you get a fine up to $5,500.I think the fine is $1,000 in the US.
    Not to mention it's a civic duty.

I think you can only avoid it by not registering to vote.
    You avoid a duty by losing a right.
    If you vote you go to jury duty.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I thought I said what it was previous.... in the post. Do you agree we are no longer under the original Constitution, but a commercial maritime one??
    This question doesn't even make sense (outside of a sovereign citizen meeting).

The original constitution, as amended, is the law of the land. (More or less applicable to the states, too, depending on the provision.)

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I just received an automated phone call out of Hammond IN. I was garbled as hell through the first half, and OF COURSE doesn't give you an option to repeat the message.

The basic gist that I got out of it was a reminder to call the phone # given on my paperwork and have my participant number ready to see if I have to appear for jury duty next Tuesday.

The idea of a reminder call is nice but when it is so garbled it kindof defeats the purpose.

We'll see on Monday if I get to show up or not.

Regards,

Doug

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    This question doesn't even make sense (outside of a sovereign citizen meeting)...

I sense that you are making fun.

Just for that, I'm going to write you name TLEX, in all caps, denominating the corporation formed by the goverment in order to borrow money from the Fed using your existence as collateral.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I sense that you are making fun.

Just for that, I'm going to write you name TLEX, in all caps, denominating the corporation formed by the goverment in order to borrow money from the Fed using your existence as collateral.

Make sure the punctuation is correct in the name. That makes all the difference in the world.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Make sure the punctuation is correct in the name. That makes all the difference in the world.

Isn't this because the lack of proper punctuation creates a fiat name that does not need to be recognized by the provisional Constitution that would otherwise be acknowledged as a sovereign citizen?

Doug

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

Isn't this because the lack of proper punctuation creates a fiat name that does not need to be recognized by the provisional Constitution that would otherwise be acknowledged as a sovereign citizen?
    Be careful.

This information is dangerous. The successive provisional governments actively hunt out people with this knowledge because they are scared it could reveal the truth.

Top Bottom